Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures from the "Cabin Fever" trail run.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I've been meaning to go on this Trail run held annually by a local club for years, and I always miss it. This year I still didn't have a capable rig ready so I rode with a friend in his 4-Runner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rigs breaking trail were locked front/rear with 39.5" tires and 42" tires and they were being challenged. The smaller tire'd rigs had to turn around and go back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photo's taken by the Just Internationals club members. These were all from our trail we were on called the "rollercoaster"

little video of Just International's club member Nathan Munn's driving his Scout up one of the areas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWEtzg5Bp84

Other friends in two Blazers and a rockcrawler took the "Old Shaft" Trail (less snow, more rocks and hills), and another friend in a Bronco took the "Dave's Detour" trail (more fullsize friendly). There were over 100 4x4's that registered and 5 different trails to choose from. It was a fun day except for the fact we had to turn around on our trail and go back cause the snow was too bad. 3 of the 5 trails all had complete runs.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

where in WA are these trails? Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of cold!

3. mountainexplorer

It's actually in North Idaho, near a small town called Pinehurst. They hold it every year, a club called the North Idaho Trailblazers: http://www.nitrailblazers.org/

I was thinking most vehicles would be Jeeps or small rigs, and I was right, but there were a few fullsizes, and next year I'll be one of them. I had always heard rumors that body damage was unavoidable, but really the trails weren't as bad as I had expected. I'd be nuts enough to try taking a Suburban up the way we went.

4. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

what elevation is that at? all of our snow is pretty much gone, that looks like a ton of fun man :pimp:

5. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

small rigs and body damage were the name of the game in western WA too. I wheeled for 4 years in colorado with only paint scratches. One trip through walker valley and the trees had their way with my doors and bedsides!

6. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Was there a guy with a modified Durrango (green with a hugh front bumper)? He is from Anchorage and recently moved to Post Falls.

7. mountainexplorer

Yeah, actually I was looking at that. Usually you don't see too many Durango's lifted up and looking like that so it kinda stood out when I walked past it in the parking lot before the run. I don't know what trail he took, but I did see it there.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We did Walker valley a few years back. just after the guardian obstacle it started to snow...and the storm that rolled over us while we were there dropped over a foot on us while we were in there. I hit many trees while there and eventually shattered my passenger side door glass. We were on that trail at least 6 hours longer than we planned for.

Very tight in there...:doah:

Rene