Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***Pictures***Granite Hills -Hayes Ranch June 22nd Trip.. ***Pictures***

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by rocko, Jun 22, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Well... a GREAT PLACE indeed.. Lot's of challenging terrain.. make's the SLAB look like a joke !! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    The turnout was huge.. great people, great wheeling, lot's of carnage !!! Right Billy? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Cassidy? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    Here are the pics.. fresh of the digital camera..
    Oh yeah.. I recieved a flat tire care of a nice rock in the sidewall on one of the pictures where it look's like my truck is laying on it's side..
    Thanks Gary.. Mr Plug master for fixing my tire.. and thank god you had onboard air..
    Here they are.. more to follow.. i'm sure.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/41451877ZTXVrP

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey man had a great time till the steering box riped right off the frame. I will post some pics. tonight. Rocko glad you had a great time (YOUR THE MAN) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Cassidy sure glad you came. The job you did on the rocks was great. Sorry about the tail gate /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ** I almost forgot about both tail lights. All in all the trip was great and all the people great. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I would also like to give a special thanks to Shain our trail leader he is great guy! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Here are some pics. GRANITE HILLS RUN

3. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

billy, your link says, it appears that you are not the owner of this website. can't view the pics, oh yeah, change your air baloo pic to this one. this was one of the best trips that i have been on and my truck has the battle scar's to prove it. thanks billy, rocko and everyone else that helped me make it through this trecherous terrain. i definently need hydro-assist and that is my next project. thanks to the yj for providing a chock block for me as i backed into him and as he smashed my tailgate in. what the worls was i thinking??? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

the link works for me how would i fix it? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

it works now whatever you did /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Awesome pictures!!!

Did anyone find out if this place will be open all the time, or just for special events???

Wasn't able to make this trip, /forums/images/icons/frown.gif but would like to go sometime, prolly August.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think as long as you notify the rancher and pay the fee it's open all the time....I may be wrong though. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

They at least want $250.00 so if you have 10 rigs it $25.00 each if you have 2 rigs it's $125.00 each or if you have 50 rigs it is still $25.00 just more money for him. I hope this helps. I would like to get another group together in the near future. I also talked to Shain in Mason he would also go with us and get some other people together so so we don't pay more than $25.00 each. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

It looks like y'all had a great time, with a pretty good turn out.

I would have gone, but I can't do much crawling period and of course a clutch linkage that likes to slip off doesn't help matters any either.

I've never really done any rock crawling, but if I had someone with some experience around to teach me the basics I would be willing to try it at least once.

Geeze I wish I could have at least been there to watch the action. After I can afford to get something done to my clutch I may just have make a run with y'all.

10. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Every one had to learn at one point. Rocko did a great job with his unlocked K5. He even walked up most of the stuff the big boys did. The only damage he got was a hole in one of his BFG's. I better stop now before his head swells. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Billy Ray,

How did that doubler work out?
    Did that 4:1 crawl ratio put a spanking on that granite? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

ric

12. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

It was like a dream. When you are on 3 wheels you can just ease up real slow to lay the frt. down. I also get comp. braking going down hill. Can't say enough about this product. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

Most of my wheeling experience has been sand (slab and other areas of the Llano river that can accessed). Slab wise it's mostly been find a spot near the water and sit back relax and drink, with some wheeling trown in for good measure.

One of these days I'm going make a run other than the slab. I was out there June 1st, I met Cassidy and tried to follow down past Eagle Rock, but after I put my clutch linkage on 4 times in a 15 foot span I decided it would be best to go ahead and turn back and get back to my kind of wheeling.

14. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

It's the way to go, low crawl ratio equals better control when your wheeling on the rocks.

Maybe one day I'll catch up to you with my build up and add the doubler. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

ric

15. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Get your rig fixed because I will be making a few small runs to finish testing the new mods before Blazer Bash in Moab. I need to fix the frame at my steering box that I riped on Sat. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

16. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Rocko and I ran into some guys from SA. one was driving a sweet green K5 on 39.5 boggers. It looks like it has never seen the dirt. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Oh come on, no one even mentions me.... well i messed up the drivers side pretty well, wish i would have stayed with ya'll instead of staying back and helping fix that green fj-40... then i wouldn't have all this body damage!!!! http://www.jkcustoms.com/Dsc00306.jpg

18. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I was wondering where you went. I heard you got stuck in the middle of some rocks. How bad was the damage. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Just saw the link HOLLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

20. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Next time y'all go out I wanna ride with someone! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'll pay the fee, spot, take thousands of pics, whatever, I just want to go! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif