Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures of 14b ff installed....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Here & Here.

Don't laugh at my donut tires, lol.....My 15" 8 luggers get here Wenesday. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Awww ya didnt shave it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Showoff... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I'm almost done with mine too....still need brakelines and a driveshaft......and shock mounts! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I better get back out to the "man space"!

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

To tell ya the truth, I just forgot to shave it...LOL! Oh well....Next time I get the itch to modify something.....I know what I'll do. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Greg72- Why ya need brake lines? Mine bolted up no probs.. And also why ya need a driveline? I just got the staggered u-joint thingy at Napa. 1/2 ton on side, 1 ton on the other. Part # 348...I paid $27. One of these days I'll get the 1 ton driveline....Hehe, I've been goin like hell tryin to get this done for BlazerFest. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

KJ,

Brake lines are needed because one of the fittings seized and tore off the line, plus I did the disk brake conversion so it's nice to add a small piece of flexible line at each caliper to allow for movement and for easier brake jobs later.

Since I cut the perches off my axle, I decided to rotate the pinion to aim at the t-case, which means I would get vibrations-from-hell unless I went with a CV-style driveshaft. I bought the hybrid u-joint too.....before I fully understood what I would need. So I've got an extra if you ever need one! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

By the way, I finally figured out how to mount my new shocks (Rancho 9012's...the LONG ones!). I was able to mount them almost straight up and down, and on the OUTSIDE of the springpacks! I will find out at BlazerFest if all my measuring is correct, but for now they look good. I also was able to finally paint the rear axle, now that all the welding is completed! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Scott (4x4High) helped me do the front 8-Lug conversion last night....prety simple bolt on stuff compared to what I've been going through on the 14-Bolt with all of it's custom mods.

For now my list is getting smaller:

1. Install rear axle shafts / gaskets /bolts
    2. Install rear brake lines (hard lines/ SS flex lines)
    3. Bleed brake system
    4. Install Xfer case e-brake & new driveshaft
    5. Install new battery and battery tray

Yesterday was a huge day "progress wise"....but I guess that 12 hours of work SHOULD allow you to make progress!!!