Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pictures of ford tower install

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigdaddy89, Aug 13, 2000.

1. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

These are some pictures that myself and Moose took during my ford shock tower install. I already had the desert steel dual shock set-up on the truck, so I used the same bracket to weld the tower to. We cut the towers down to 8in. I am now using the rancho 9012's that are about 33in long. During full droop I can use up all of the shock. During full stuff I have about a 1/2in to go. I want to thank Moose for all of his help and welding. And his wife for letting us stay out late making a bunch of noise in his garage.

2. bigdaddy89

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Still want to weld them other tabs welded? And how did the rest of the day go?

4. bigdaddy89

Yes I do. I need to weld the tab back on to my dual stabiliaer that I broke off that one night. Let me know when you get the time. There was no water in the river, but found a good shady place to eat lunch. When we were airing up at the chevron station I noticed a big gash in my tire, so I had to road hazard it at discount. Where are the pictures you took?

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ok I like it! Only thing I don't like is the welding on the fame so I will bolt mine with Grade 8's. Did you use the stock shock mount on the axle? Whats the Ford part number and year truck those are from?

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. 88Jimmy

88Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The Ford part # is 18183. Parts Mike phone # is 530-885-0673

350 Vortec TPI D60 14Bolt 4.56 4"lift 35 BFG A/T

7. bigdaddy89

grim-reaper,

We only used two 1/2 long welds on the frame side. The other bracket was from the dual shock set-up I had prior. Yes I did use the stock mount at the bottom, but I am welding a new one on this week to move the shock more towards the direction of the center of the truck. At full tuck with the tires turned to the right the drag link is hitting the shock a little.