Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures of my Desert Storm Paint Job, and my TPI/Onboard Air Mod

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therobzilla, Dec 27, 2001.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

here it is
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun67>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun67</a>
    let us know when your done[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Burt4x4 on 12/27/01 02:52 PM.</FONT></P>

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I like it [​IMG], you know, us camo guys should get togather at the Moad run and take a pic...enter beavis--huh huh that would be cool.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

what the H$#L?
    Whoa.
    Psychodelic.

[REAL MEN DON"T CARE ABOUT GAS MILEAGE OR RAPID TIRE WEAR!]
    Ryan B.

5. therobzilla

Ryanb,

Don't get too nervous, It's not done yet. I still have to add the other 2 colors, brown and tan. Since they did not make the desert storm color in a spray bomb, I had to have the colors made up in quart sizes.

It's only 1/3 of the way done, I'm off to add the second color tonight.

robzilla

6. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

What are the specs on your rig? Lift height?? Kit? Tire size? Wheels??? Just wondering what the finished product on my rig was gonna look like, cause I just installed my 4 in. TC kit on my 70 and ordered a set of 15x8 Black Rockcrawlers on 33 x 12.50 15 SSRs.

Blazin' in TEXAS!

7. therobzilla

Specs:

350 TPI, on Tuff Country 4" EZ Ride suspension, 35x12.5 Procomp Mud Terrains, on 15x8 Rockcrawlers. Also have new body bushings, (Helps with body alignment). No top as of yet, but have new Kayline top on order. Also have new Mastercraft racing seats on order. Lot's of rust, and front fender trimming to fit 35's.

Motor specs:
    350 TPI (Fuel Injected Camaro Motor), Speed Density, Electric cooling fan off ECM. Dual Red Top Optimas, with Hellroaring Battery manager. On board air, with 5 Gal Reserve tank under bed. 200 amp powermaster alt. MSD ignition, with MSD ignition module, and coil. Custom 8.5 MM Summit wires. 2 1/2" Dual Flowmasters, with Jet Hot coated Headers. Rock Lights, and custom Throttle locking lever. Built TH350 trans, with custom filter and cooling system. High flow alum water pump, and 4 core radiator. (Get's hot in Phoenix in the summer). Dual detroit locker both front and back, and we also have a set of KMA bumpers, Ramsey 9500 in the front and a totally custom rear bumper with spare.

Lots of extras that have cost me a small fortune. The good news: It runs like a raped ape!! Lots of low end toruque, and it runs upside down with the fuel injection.

It has take a very long time to get it the way I want, but it is extremely dependable and lot's of fun. My 7 year old son and I do quite a bit of camping and we love to go for a ride in the blazer.

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Where did you get the drivers side battery tray?

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

9. therobzilla

Fabbed it up myself, angle iron in the shape of the battery, and some upper angles. I looked everywhere with the normal resources, they did make a tray for the camper special, but no one sells it aftermarket.

This one was fabbed by a friend.

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

How about some pictures or some info on your "5 Gal Reserve tank under bed."
    I'd like to see what you did here...
    Is it custom tank hooked up with a switch or is is just a 5 gal. jerry can mounted under the bed in case you run out of gas?
    Thanks.

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Milage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]
    Ryan B.

11. therobzilla

Ryanb,

It's a tank from a Bel-Air construction compressor. When I lived in Atlanta, I had an account at the local air tool supply house, they were always working on compressors from the construction trades guy's. Went in one day and asked the guy if he had a tank setup from an old compressor that I could purchase. We went over to the scrap pile of old and unclaimed compressors and we found on. I took off all the garb, and had a buddy weld up the straps, and some holes from where I had ground off the original mounting stuff, and it worked like a charm. It fit too what a concept. I purchased 25 feet of 3/8" orange compressor hose, and cut it in half, using the fitting ends to connect to the tank, and used barb fitting on the other ends, with dual hose clamps. Went to Granger to pick up the cuttoff switch, and some other stuff and plumbed the whole thing in about 2 hours.

When the tank get's full, the cuttoff shut off the compressor and releases the pressure back to the compressor head, and the tank does not leak a bit.

Best mod I have done so far. Get this, I used it to run a paint spray gun to do the camo on my truck. Here is the link for the pictures.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Robzilla-Photos>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Robzilla-Photos</a>

Let me know what you think

12. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

How are those Pro Comp MTs working out for you?? The reason I ask is because I received a $800.00 gift certificate from my girlfriend to 4Wheel Parts and when I went over there to get my tires they didn't have the SSRs in stock. The salesman tried to sell me a set of Pro Comp MTs. Now the SSRs are on order, but its gonna take like 2 weeks. I was thinking about just getting the MTS, cause they are there and way cheaper.

Blazin' in TEXAS!

13. therobzilla

The Pro-Comps aren't that bad. I have torn two sidewall, and had both replaced by 4WDPC, and the second time they balked a little. The tread is somewhat soft. When I purchase again, I'm going with Boggers. No questions asked. The MTR is good for a road/off road tire, but my rig is used only off road.

My .02.

14. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

good looking blazer! do your tires rub any?

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465, rockwell tcase, dana44, 14 FF, <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/68K10>http://communities.msn.com/68K10</a>

15. therobzilla

Thanks, I kinda like it. It loves the trail. Tires don't rub in the front, but they do in the back. I am going to resolve that this weekend with Mr. Sawzall.

Rob

16. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Rob.............BTW, What gears you got in your rig?? Where abouts do the tires rub in the rear?? Sorry, but I remember you mentioned you had the 4 in. TC lift on your truck. Is that springs in the rear or blocks? The rear looks pretty level to the front. Did you raise it more than 4 in., cause my K5 is sagging from the rear after the lift kit.

Blazin' in TEXAS!

17. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I am sure his rubs in the front of the rear wheel openings just like all the rest. Mine sometimes rubed there when I had my 33's and a 4" lift. The wheel opening isn't symetrical (the front goes straight down while the back angles back). I trimmed mine so that they were symetrical (to the suport rod in the front). I think it looks better that way (symetrical) also.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>