Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pictures of my smashed blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazentank, Aug 21, 2001.

1. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

every needs to look at these pictures of a very nice blazer go stright down the drain and tell me what yall think this doesn't happen just going 40 mph like the lady stated it's more like 50-60 mph

http://community.webshots.com/user/blazentank

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by blazentank on 08/21/01 07:13 PM.</FONT></P>

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

The link doesn't work (notice the "edit" in the link)

3. blazentank

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Holy crap.. what did you hit with it?
    I've never seen a Blazer sustain that much damage..
    Look's like you need that exoskeleton as seen on that car someone posted in the non-forum's..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

What hit you? It looks like the force of impact/seed was enough to let her car creep up your front frame horn and into your fender panel. She was speeding but then what was your rate of speed? It doesnt look like a full head on but the speed can still be added together. Well at least 3/4 of your speed can be added to her total speed..

6. blazentank

I wasn't moving i was sitting at a stoplight waiting to turn left and she was coming straight at me and she wasn;t paying attition and drifted into my lane through the intersection and wham she was in a pontiac montana mini van go figure it was a glancing blow she had damage on her windsheild pillar means she ran under me glad i didn't flip

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

OOCH...........<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazentank>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazentank</a>

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

8. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

D@mn another one of us gets slammed by a mini-van. I am working on my webpage tonite and will have the pics of my truck after it got tagged in the rear quarter. Mine DID flip, AFTER I did a 540. Left me with a 10 bolt that looked like an upside down smile. And a broken rear spring mount. AND HE SAID HE STOPPED AT THE INTERSECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY A$$!!!!!!

9. blazentank

if you can't notice the front left side of my axle slid 3 inches back. Ruined my brand new procomp lift all the clamps that hold packs together came un done bent left front shocks bent u bolts those tires have less than 50 miles on them. I wasn't even wearing a seat belt i did't even see it coming saw a white flash then wham bam thank you mam thats was all i saw for a couple of days after it would run through my mind like a bad dream every 20 seconds all would see is the flash then the sound of crunching metal i hate that sound. Pretty scary

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[Sarcastically] ..yes it must have been hard for her to notice a HUGE K5 stopped right there in the road.....especially since it was painted BRIGHT RED!!!!! [Sarcasm Off]

I'm sorry, but if anything that truck shoulda looked like the worlds biggest STOP SIGN.....I can't believe she couldn't have seen you, even if it was just in her peripheral vision.

Sorry about your truck dude!.... At least tell us that she was well-insured?

-Greg72

11. blazentank

well i know the reason she didn't see me there was a wreck a little earlier before mine that was moved to the side of the road to her right my left i know that's what she was looking at gawking and stairing heres the catch they said i was running the red light give me a break another catch the only witness goes to ger church the officer knew her too because i heard him talking also what do i know i am only 17 years old thats what the officer thought the good thing is were fighting we have a pretty good case so far i have a witness that came forward that was in the other wreck before mine that saw me sitting still at the red light we will win

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

That sucks, hopefully you'll get some money to get it fixed.

90K5

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Too bad about the wreck. But at least there was one honest person at the scene and is sticking up for you.
    I hate it when its ok to lie for someone if they go to the same church as you. Must be some kind of fine print or loophole in the 10 comandments.
    Try to find some other witnesses who will stick up for you.
    Get a lawyer Fight it in court. Put her witness on the stand. Maby when they put their hand on the bible and promise to tell the truth they will rember what the Good Book stands for. and what it is about to be a Christian.
    And finally, WIN and sue the pants off her and use the money buy a new Blazer.
    I would paint it a different color though. Red attracts wrecks

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=orange>Charter Member of The Too Much Fun Club</font color=orange>

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Right on! I'm glad someone did the right thing and came forward. See there are good people out there. By the photos you showed there's no way she could have been going straight and you turning left and hit you that way. Any idiot (well not any if you count that cop) can see it's impossible... unless she was going the wrong way on that street.... and if she was then she's at fault for doing that. My insurance is now $2080 for one year thanks to that lady lying in my wreck and the idiot cop. I will be doing all these upgrades so I can park it and ride my bike and take the bus to work. I can't afford insurance, gas and the up keep.... [​IMG] Least you are lucky and it sounds like you will be winning! [​IMG]

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

15. blazentank

what do you expect it is viper red

16. blazentank

i hate mini-van mom's

17. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sorry to see it... You might be surprised at the damage that can occur at lower speeds, though. The government and insurance crash tests only happen at 40mph, and they total the vehicles... Not to say she wasn't speeding, but just be careful walking into court saying look at this, no way this was only 40 mph.
    Good thing another witness came out!! See if anybody else from that accident scene saw it too. Your witness ought to have the names of the other people in thier crash, see if you can get them and get in touch with these people.

That really sucks, though. I poured tons of cash into my Mopar years ago, only to have it completely pulverized by a tipsy girl that didn't notice the red light I was sitting at (or my car)...

Good luck! I hope you at least come out with some return on your K5!

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

19. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

good gawd!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

20. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well if anything....thank God you are alive. Imagine if you were in a Geo or a small tin can car.

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"