Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures of new tow rig...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Quality kinda sucks cause I had to capture them from video. Can't find the USB cable for camera...Also, there kinda big cause I tried to save them at high quality..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'94 F-250 with 74k miles- got it for $8k.
    ZF 5 sp w/OD, D50 front, Sterling 10.25 or 10.5 (can't remember which) in rear
    It's just got the 5.8/351 sb. 460 or diesel woulda been nice, but alot more expensize. My gas bill is acceptable still. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Alot better than the little Mitsubishi Mighty Max that used to be my dd. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice! For a F**D that is.. j/k /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Agreed much better than a Mighty Max

John

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

pretty truck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Well at least when it breaks you can just put the ford on the trailer and still go wheelin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

jk looks good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[​IMG]

Small block tow rigs with beefy drivetrains rule. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's mine. 14 MPG empty, brakes that will stop a semi trailer, every hitch you could possibly want (except gooseneck, but it's got a 5er hitch and rails so if I ever need it, just buy it and drop it in).

Best part? I got it free cause the trans only had 1st gear. $375 for a rebuild, $100 or so for a torque converter, and I had a $500 1 ton, EFI'd truck that is one hell of a tow rig.

Nice truck. Sure wish my tow rig was a 4-by, even if it was only a 3/4 ton that'd be fine.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

looks nice
    another good thing when it breaks you can scream stuff like "STUPID FORDS!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif hehe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i love the styling of those fords to..

8. Zeus33rd

Thanks for all the good words. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Resisting the urge to throw the t-case lever and hit the dirt is soooooooo hard. lol I haven't wheeled anything really since Jauary. My K5 has been down since then. I get itchy alot. The urge is there to start tweakin on this thing too, but I won't/can't. hehe Maybe some nice tires and wheels, diamond plate tool box, and some assoreted other bolt on bling, but nothing to make it wheel better. Just try to make it look better. It's gotta get me to work everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Right on, looks like a nice truck. Enjoy.

John

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

thats a nice truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

but please, take those wheel covers off, drive over them, light them on fire, attack them with a sawzall, and dump the remains in the trash! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Just a suggestion, but some airflow improvements (headers, exhaust, etc.) will make towing quite a bit easier... Those trucks are pretty tough and hold up well.

12. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

13. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

14. Zeus33rd

What ya trying to prove by posting that link? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

That truck has 98,000 miles on it. Mine only has 74,000. That one has obviously served its life as a work truck. Mine was owned by a janitor at the local high school. 1 owner truck. No comparison to the one in the link.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That is still a good deal for that truck. It might have 98,000 miles on it but that Diesel is going to last a lot longer if well maintained than a gasser will. It also is a 1 ton which means it's got a D60 front instead of IFS.

I wouldn't own an auto trans Diesel truck though (as that one is) especially not a Ford with an E4OD.

A small block gasser tow rig will pull a trailer with one of our trucks on it no problem though. I know my C30 sure would.

16. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

naw.. what ya want is a 3/4 ton, 454 suburban..leather rear air, has only needed 2 t-cases, 1 tranny 4 alternators, 2 starters, 5 or six sensors and a new a arm and all new bushings, 1 rebuilt rear axel "gov-lock", 1 corner lens, a few broken knobs, 1 cd player, 4 or 5 window motors/power locks, countless rear back up bulbs /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif as well as a inner fender well that came off while leving the dealership.

not high maintanence by any means if you ask me /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, the sub has left me stranded 5-6 times, the blazer that I built = 0 just in the last 4 monthes.

makes you wonder if this has any thing to do with any of the problems....

[​IMG]

..."no mom, the doors are sticking because they wear out over time"..

"yea, 4 years is about right for hinges"

to all parents....never, never let kids drive your cars! Every extra penny I have goes tward paying for the suburbans rear axel that the credit card payed to fix /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I'd take a single (older) owner rig with known history that's been treated well over a questionable fleet truck anyday, and like Tim said, a Diesel needs to have a stick behind it.

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

say are those the hubcaps ford put on some of their trucks with the 7 fake lug nuts?

19. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    say are those the hubcaps ford put on some of their trucks with the 7 fake lug nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. lol, Super Duper Gay, 7 fake lug nut, plastic wheel covers. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'd take'em off, but the steel wheel underneath is pretty damn ugly too. I'll just wait till I can afford some nice wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. Zeus33rd

Dude, fix that fuxed up link. Even at 1280x1024, I have to scroll waaaaay right to see the end of it... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif