Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures of stuck Crew Cab retrieval

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 2, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

One week ago, like a moron, I drove up on our place to where I am going to move all the parts rigs once the ground dries... only the ground was nowhere near dry.

I sink Brutus up to the frame to where I can barely see the front right wheel or tire, or the front axle housing, and the frame and tranny pan are sitting on the ground. After a Toyota pulling and a 12000 lb winch pulling and no movement, I left it there.

Got it out today. The snow up above had melted and the ground dried out a little. Still had water in the ruts and around the wheels. Didn't get a good picture from the other side or up close.
    [​IMG]
    Fired up the smoking oil burning 454 in the GMC enough to bring the Warn 12000lb winch up there, along with the Little Crew Cab's M12000 hooked up with a snatchblock.
    Started winching with two 12000lb winches...
    [​IMG]
    I started sliding in the GMC...
    [​IMG]
    Still sliding forward with all 4 tires locked up...
    [​IMG]
    Finally stopped and had to back up and try again.
    [​IMG]
    Then it sank again and had to direct tow it further out with the blue Little Crew Cab. Then finally, I could go back to work on stuff.

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

wish my breaks from work were that fun.

good times man, you'll look back on this and laugh.

3. mountainexplorer

If it was going to take very long, I was going to give up and leave it for another time. But it came out without taking too much time.

We got this all rigged up and pulled out in less time than it took me to pull one 56" rear leaf spring off a parts truck. On it, I broke a socket, screwed up my only ratched, used a giant borrowed grinder, sledge hammer, and chain to yank the steel bushing sleeve off the bolt... and ended up pulling the entire truck halfway across the field.

I backed into the truck, rammed it and kept jerking it sideways until the bolt finally broke off. But the bolt still didn't budge one bit out of the sleeve in the bushing. :rolleyes: I should have taken a picture of what the parts truck looked like after I was done with it.

4. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

MAN OH MAN! you must have REALLY needed that spring!:haha: :laugh:

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

Dang ! I thought I was a CHEVY butcher :haha: . You be the hackin king :bow: .

6. mountainexplorer

I was pulling it for someone else who was going to give me 20 bucks for the pair and I'm trying to sell any little parts I can to raise enough gas money so I can drive to and back from the Portland Swap Meet this week.

As I broke the socket on the last spring about 1.5 hrs after starting to pull the 1st leaf spring, I thought to myself... hmmm $50 of labor to get 20 bucks for gas. Oh well, labor is free as long as I don't pay myself. I also figured if I gave up the first 1.5 hours would have been a total waste. So I was determined to get both off.