Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures of the K5 and Wheelin'

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seattlek5, Nov 22, 2002.

1. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Pictures of the K5 and Wheelin\'

Finally got the doubler in, the triple shifter built, 383 running and the 63's installed out back (been busy /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.) Took it out the Reiter Road for a little shake down run. No problems except I broke the back window out backing down the embankment in the picture. The shifter worked awesome, just need to come up with a boot (all three levers come up through the original 203 shifter hole.) I may have the shifters available if I can source the parts. I want to thank Stephen for the Doubler. If your on the fence about whether or not it is worth the money, quit kidding yourself and buy one.:D For those of you with good eyes, I know I still need driveshafts, they are in the works. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on improvements. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif http://community.webshots.com/user/seattlek5

If any of you in the western Washington area know of a cheap rear window, send me a PM. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Re: Pictures of the K5 and Wheelin\'

Whats with the goofy hitch? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Just a hitch I saw while driving around. Scary /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

man your truck is awesome..that thing can really stuff a wheel..nice job!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and that hitch... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

How often do you go to Reiter? I'm about to move nearly next door (Sultan)... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

I think that that was an option on those fords in 1996 it was called the super duper drop hitch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

This was my first trip out to Reiter in about 3 years. I checked out BigBlue's webshots, it's pretty cool to see what some of the holes look like when their not covered with 2 feet of water. I think we're either going to Highrider (Sultan Basin) or back to Reiter on Nov. 30th.

8. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Hey man. Looks like you have done well with Jon's truck. Let me know next time you go and I will try to join. My new 39.5's should be here on monday. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Buy my Trail Ready Beadlocks wont be here for 2 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I am getting the detroit installed in the 60 next week too. I will be wanting to give the new stuff a good test.

9. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Dom-I talked to Jon today and he's going up next Sunday, probably riding as a passenger though. Give me a call at the shop to get the scoop on where and when. I have to get a hold of Doug too.
    Brent

10. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

A bunch of us are already going on a Tree run on Saturday, But I am not sure of sundays plans. I will see what carnage saturday brings. I will let you know. What time and where are you meeting on sunday?

11. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

how long is the rear driveshaft in a blazer AFTER the doubler...

I'm plannbing it for the futere, summer of 2003... but with 6 inches of lift It's gonna be one fugly looking driveshaft isnt it?