Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*Pictures* Oh man, I want this motorhome! (a normal looking one)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 14, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

A 1979 25' Cruise Air. Needs some minor work, under 50k miles... has a 440 Dodge motor (wish it were a Chevy 454, but oh well), Onan Generator with low hours, Roof Air, etc... for $2500.

In my opinion I think it's about a $5,000 to $8,000 motorhome in good shape.

Anyone know much about RVs? Whats a '79 25' Motorhome worth? Whats a generator worth?

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: Oh man, I want this motorhome! (a normal looking one)

A neighbor of mine sold one of those a few months back. It needed a ring job and smoked like mad. He wanted $300 for it! I went home, thought about it for 2 hours, and went back to buy it and it had been sold already. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

check it for leaks good. The caulk they use on campers (least the new ones) only lasts about 5 yrs before it has to be redone.

4. mountainexplorer

That's the minor work it needs, is new vents and roof sealer. I don't care about that, it's all solid. And it's fancy (to me). You can start the generator, level the motorhome and just about cook dinner all from the drivers seat. (well, not dinner). It also has an awning, forced air furnace, a nice roomy layout... etc.

I'd just throw the '84 K5 on the trailer in tow behind the motorhome, and go on a road trip. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. mountainexplorer

Took some pics of it today. Anyone know what one of these would usually go for out on the market?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Id say a couple grand if it doesnt leak. Try rvtraderonline.com to get some prices.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

One of the people I work with sold her RV to another guy we work with for a buck... it doesn't run, but it's in otherwise good shape... I would've bought it for a buck, but he beat me to it.... and I was lacking a parking spot as usual /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Took some pics of it today. Anyone know what one of these would usually go for out on the market?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] Friend has one almost the same and he paid $2,200.00 for his.

9. mountainexplorer

All the dang motorhomes around here are like $5000 or more for decent ones. People must think they're gold. Even the Hillbilly looking one my friend has that I've borrowed before was $2995 at a car lot when he got it 1.5 years ago.

This one was $3,000 in the paper. My neighbor got it for $2,000 cause the guy couldn't get it started. He had it towed home and got it running after doing a few things to it.

Maybe I should cruise on over to another state to get a cheapo one... like that dollar deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif