Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pictures

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by monte0172, Jun 25, 2003.

1. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any pictures of a blazer with a 4 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch bdy lift with 35's? I just bought an 84 long wheel base chevy truck with the suspension lift and the front cap i want for my 79 and a few other goodies. I plan on using as many parts off of it as i can that are salvageble to make my k5 bigger. Thanks, Terry J.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Mine has a 4" suspension with a 3" body lift. The suspension has sagged out pretty good, but it was 4" when it was new. Its a Rancho lift with an unknown body lift. Check out my link in my sig. Hope that helps.

Kris

4. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine has a 4" suspension with a 3" body lift. The suspension has sagged out pretty good, but it was 4" when it was new. Its a Rancho lift with an unknown body lift. Check out my link in my sig. Hope that helps.

Kris

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually it does alot!! Thanks. Did you ever have any problems with rubbing? I have rust on my rear fenders and I think im going to cut them out but I dont want to unless I have to. eventually its gonna get 38's or 40's but no bigger than that dont really need it. Any more pics would be greatly appreciated.

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I had a 4 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift and ran 38's but you cant go very wide. Mine are only 12.5 wide and the front has rubbed over large bumps. Beware though my rear tires got very chunked up, those fenders are like razors, oh well time the sawzall. But considering yours are rusted anyways 38's will fit nicely.

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

With the current setup, I've never had it rub. It doesn't flex to well because the springs are really stiff, but there is quite a bit of clearance in there. If you went with a really flexy suspension, you may have to trim the backs of the front wheel wells, but it shouldn't be too much. The guy who had the truck before me said he had 38s on there at one point and they would rub when the steering wheel was at full lock or over any moderate size bump. A little trimming should take care of that though. Or maybe less saggy springs.

Kris

7. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

The truck that i bought has the 4 inch lift and i have a set of 35's and between the trucks suspension lift and a body lift i also have that a friend gave me I figured i would throw it all on there to see what kind of setup it turned out to be. Besides the truck cost me 300$ and as far as the rest of it it was all free so im not out alot of money thats why i figured id try it. I also got another motor for the stand and a 208 transfer case to go in someday. The front end in the truck has a dana 44 but some genious welded the spider gears and now the axles are broke. Im going to pull it out also and look into rebuilding it if its worth it. Mine has a 10 bolt front and a 12 bolt rear and 3:73's so gears are in the near future. When i get the cash together to go bigger im going to put a set of 6" springs on it that way I dont have to trim any more than needed. Thanks for all the input Im going to take some before and after pictures to show everyone Hopefully it wont look to crappy!!! Thanks,

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

one moment sir...................

9. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

nevermind I cant load the pic, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nevermind I cant load the pic, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to your website and your truck looks great!!! I plan on painting mine but that will probably be awhile. I can do bodywork but i dont have the patience for it. Did you paint it your self or have someone do it?