Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Piece Broken Off T-Case ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big jimmy 91, Jun 15, 2004.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

I was servicing my truck and noticed that there was a chunk of my 241 missing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    On the pass. side , there is a rod that bolts to the case and runs to the front of the truck
    Well the front bolt hole is half missing and the bolt is gone /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Is this just the begining of the end for this t-case , or is it nothing to be worried about /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Is this the reason my case has started to hammer the floor when I launch the truck from a stop under moderate throttle ?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Sounds like it was part of a stabilzer mount. I would say as long as it isnt leaking and there are no cracks in the case then you will be ok. Don't worry about hooking the bar back up

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I would at minimum, check the rubber mount and adapter to make sure they are in good condition. Your T-case should not hit the floor under any circumstances. I have a several 208's with healthy power in front of them without the strut rod, and they do not hit the floor.

The 241 is not that much different externally to make it touch the floor.

John

4. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Do you mean the rubber mount to cross member?
    What is the adapter?
    This is is all new to me so I have a lot of learning to do , I am very mech. inclined , just need a push in the right direction lol
    Thanks

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes the rubber mount to the crossmember and check your motor mounts too.

The adapter is the "foot" in between the tranny and the t-case that bolts the two together.

[ QUOTE ]
    just need a push in the right direction

[/ QUOTE ]

And dont worry about newbie questions... We were all newbies once. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

John