Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pimp my ride..........ARGHHHREHGGH!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hammermachine, Oct 2, 2006.

?

Suprise Mtv sucks, how much?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2006.
  1. some...

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. beyond anything on this planet...

46 vote(s)
    92.0%
  1. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

:doah: I witnessed the Pimp my Ride episode with the K5 this past Sat. I knew it was going to be bad but not that bad. No one, I mean no one could explain WHY woulod some one want TV monitors in their mudflaps. It had to be the stupidest thing I've ever saw on a car show. They changed this guy's ride from a mud truck into a LAME show truck. Now I like show trucks, but he didn't have or seem to want a show truck. He told them he used the truck to get away from the women in his life, and they squashed that. That was the lamest of the lame.

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Yip. worst one yet. Its not like they didnt know the dude off roaded and went snow boarding, etc. They didnt mention jack about the motor (it was leaking all its fluids) dunno if they changed that or not. TVs in the mudflaps? Dumbest idea ever, even the host said it was dumb. Oh well.

I actualy thought they would do something killer with it, not kill it. lol.

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

"He told them he used the truck to get away from the women in his life, and they squashed that. That was the lamest of the lame."

Just goes to prove that women rule the planet, Bet a woman produces the show! LOL I got captures but not enough time to post will do tonight. It will make you sick! :mad: :frown1:

4. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Havnt seen it but im scared just thinking about it.

5. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Be scared, Be very scared. LOL. Its fun to watch even though youve heard about it on here. Itll leave ya shaking your head for sure.

6. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

if its on tomorrow(tivo doesnt give the discription of the show) i could post some captures or even some video.

7. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I dont even take the time to watch that stupid show. I wouldn't mind seeing some pics though. Monitors in the mud flaps... hmm I could take care of those real fast... :crazy:

8. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I'm 28 and I stopped watching them regularily when they pulled Bevis and Butthead. Started again when they had Jackass...stopped after they stopped that.

Was on vacation with the wife and sister-in-law in August and the sis watched a crapload of MTV. Oy, what drivel.

Do a search on Ebay, it's surprising how frequently one of these vehicles that has been "made over" by the TV shows ends up for sale...and often cheap.

9. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

The snow machine they installed did not help either!

10. chris85

chris85 1/2 ton status

They did an episode once of some yoga chick with a land rover and it turned out badass. They lifted it and put it on some 35's. The only crappy thing on it was a yoga mat. But it would have been nice to see them do that to a K5. They had their shot and blew it miserably.

11. quicker

quicker 1/2 ton status

They basically made the truck a oversized remote control truck from Wal-Mart’s discount bin with some extra crap, you know more is better????

Remember the show is called “pimp” my ride.

Pimp in this context does not mean overhaul. It means too much color a cane and a large brim hat. Usually looks very gay..lol

Soooo this means the Pimp ride is all about show and has no real go. The show did what it is meant to, add bling with no substance. As said above drivel pure drivel.

[FONT=&quot]Even “overhauling” has not done a serious 4x4 project do to the aesthetic needs. Most of what is done on TV is show and even the truck series of shows actually destroyed all but one of the trucks they made. That’s right, make it and destroy it after. I am not sure why but I am sure some of it has to do with liability and the nature of a “real” off road vehicle[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

12. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I feel sorry for the guy he looks all happy at the start and then he looks like WTF! Compare the before they touched it and the after with him standing by it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now comes the DEATH!
    [​IMG]
    He is like I get to F this dude!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

custom paint is kinda cool, fits the snowborder theme, but the interior... WTF... words to not describe how messed up that is.

14. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

yeah. i remember that one. it was a land cruiser though. they did a range rover classic and messed that up 2. i mean those are awesome. my bro use to have one. they flex like hell!! and a three link kit for the rear is less than a thousand bucks for those things. and everyone says how its a dying breed of suv (the classics) when they have a crap load of sights dedicated to them!!!! but yeah back on topic. they screwed that guy. i would have gottent them to fix the door. maybe do the interior and put a 427. =) and a grill... then it would have been saweet!

15. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

bro. that went from full on whooopin play toy to a piece of **** gay ass negro rigged turd. ugh i wanna throwup. argghh

16. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Dear GAWD!! Sometimes Im happy I don't have cable. Thats the gayist thing I have ever seen in my life! Im surprised they didn't take the t-case out to make room for a sex change machine, cause that dude aint gonna pick up chicks in that thing

17. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

That is horrid,:eek1: I am so glad I did not see that show, I regret looking at the pics even, horrible just horrible, how could you do something like that:angry1:

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

from what i see I like the paint but the rest is sh*t

19. LVJimmy

LVJimmy 1/2 ton status

Sell the rims and tires and buy a 502. Ebay the mud flaps, some ricer somewhere wants them , and get a set of 35".

20. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

they did a suburban once for a chick and that turned out pretty cool. There's always something retarded they put on those rigs. But their sponsors provide them all those goods to install for publicity, so they do it, and it's often WAY to overkill and useless.