Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pimp my ride.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smokkey1, Jul 1, 2004.

1. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

check this out. Not sure if it's a repost are not. Anyways if any of you guys watch pimp my ride on mtv. There not going to be happy.
    e-bay

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ha I just noticed they didn't bother shaving one of the rear license plate holes.

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

there's both hole's it's hard to see it in the shadow.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I've watched that show. I absolutely hated the episode where they ruined the Landcruiser ( and bear in mind I am American car lover only ) . They put 17 inch rims and Mud Terrains on it , and a winch, but lost the racing buckets and harnesses, lost the axe and shovel, and lost the storage bins. They created a car out of a wheeler. That show is cool, if they leave wheeling stuff alone /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    check this out. Not sure if it's a repost are not. Anyways if any of you guys watch pimp my ride on mtv. There not going to be happy.
    e-bay

[/ QUOTE ]
    What a cute little nipper POS....

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah not a fan of what they did to that perfectly good wheeling project.

7. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

"The car is in great condition, but I am simply too busy of a person to use this car to the extent of it's abilities."

Which really should read, "I got lucky by having a show put lots of money into my ride but now I need money so thier effort is my gain." /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I enjoy the show. I think Xibit (however you spell that name /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif) is pretty funny.

I'd be pissed if I was him or West Coast Customs. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

I remember seeing that episode. It had a sliding rear shelf with some DJ equipment, but I don't see pics of that.

It was also a huge pile of dung when they started, I can't see how he can say it was well-maintained!

Ah well, too bad for him. If it were me, I'd hold onto it until it was worth a lot more.

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

The car is still a peice under all that paint and ghetto ass bling. What good is it to hook up cars and leave all the mechanical stuff alone? I figured MTV would make them sign something promising not to sell the car for some period of time?

11. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

The only reason he went on the show was to make a profit.

And that land cruiser was pretty clean untill the west coast customs screwed it up'd.

12. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

thats just taking advantage of a bunch of hard working good people. Thats just [darn] ridiculous. Thats a slap in the face to all those decent people who help put it all together.

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    thats just taking advantage of a bunch of hard working good people. Thats just [darn] ridiculous. Thats a slap in the face to all those decent people who help put it all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Sure the show is 1/2 hour ( 22min prog 8 min ads ), but it obviously takes several days , even if they were to rush. They are only doing a job ( one they LOVE to do ) , while the Bossman get exposure for his business. Most of the guys who are shown doing the work, don't make most of the money, and probably have to pay at least cost for the "hook ups" they get from working there. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I noticed this as well, they don't even bother like reringing motors that are almost dead. They maybe pull it and make it run even though its crappy. Or the one car they put a new motor in it cause it was simply dead, but they just put either a stocker or a junkyard motor in wtf? Might as well buy some performance one or parts. Even ricers won't respect you if you don't have a cold air intake /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

i work at a little shop and have been doing mobile video and audio along with security systems for some time now and I would feel pretty jipped if i had worked on this car and the poser was selling it. Now granted, the people who worked on the project got paid, but it would still be personal slap in the face to me.

Oh, and on to the Land Cruiser...I would have given 2k for the before Cruiser...but was dissapointed to say the least with the finished product.

16. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Even ricers won't respect you if you don't have a cold air intake /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif...ain't that the truth

17. exrider

exrider Registered Member

I think everyone has covered every point of view I have had about that show. Now if you watch OverHaulin on TLC, I don't think you will ever catch one of those people selling there on EBay. I beg my wife everytime Overhaulin comes on to figure out a way for them to fix my Blazer.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

19. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I bet most of those kids probably screw up, there cars on purpose to get on the show. I know My parents would have an heart attack if, I was driving aroud in an death trap.

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

hell ya overhaulin is the shi! pimp my ride is a hack job, Chip Fooze is the best in the world, he dose it all right!! id love for them to do the mini /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif