Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pin Stripes...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I want to rid my Explorer of the pink and light blue pin stripes it has... I'm pretty sure a chick bought it originally judging by the pin stripes and the name in the owners manual...

SO... I was thinking like barbed wire or flames in either silver, black, red, or blue... the Explorer is dark green... My rims are black, and they have a red and blue stripe on them...

What do you guys think of this idea? I've been told by someone that design pinstripe is tacky and looks like little kid stuff... I think it'd be sweet...

PICS:
    Flame Pin Stripe
    Different Flame Pin Stripe
    Barbed Wire Pin Stripe

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

how about NO pinstripes /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I did no pin stripes on my last Exploder... It didn't look too bad... but since I'm not sanding and spray painting this one gray, if I took off the homosexual pin stripes and didn't put something else on there, I'd have a line where the paint under the stripes didn't fade with the rest of the paint, and then I'd have a shiny green pin stripe /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Barbed wire is overdone in todays culture, it started as a PRISON thing. How about you wheel it and get AZ pinstripes from the brush and trees instead /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

No pinstripes and buff it out.... no, not your helmet, the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif