Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pinion Nut From Hell Still Here!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Waxer, May 31, 2000.

1. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Ok folks, I have tried heating up the nut with a propane torch and the sucker still wont budge. I checked to make sure the threads werent reversed. What can be holding this sucker on like this? Any more ideas or hints? Thanks

2. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

Havn't seen your previous posts but here's what I think. Try an acetlyn (sp) torch much hotter. Or can you get a dremel with a pencil attatchement & just cut it about 3/4 of the way then whack it with a hammer and chissle.

Rick
    86 K-5
    http://www.coloradok5.com/RMcPherson.htm

3. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One of those hand held torches won't heat it up hot enough . You need a axceytelene with a rose bud tip . Heat just the nut until red should come off with just a rachet . Another thought use a impact and the same time wack the yoke and maybe this will break it loose .

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

This is a good enough exuce to buy a impact-driver. I think that's what they are called. You put in the bit's or socket's and a good smack with a BFG will rotate the nut.
    I love mine. Got it 1 month ago and reach for it all the time when working on my 88.

<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>