Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pinion Nut Thread size? D44 Help needed asap!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Feb 16, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well all was going smooth with the axle swap until out came the 10bolt and off came the pinion nut but its not the same size as the new d44 pinion....the d44 has a smaller pinion bolt so to speak and the 1 1/4" nut i removed is way too big? I need guidance quick...who would have this other than a R&P shop??? Will a locknut from LOWES work?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Any nut will work as long as it fits the threads I don't know what thread it is did the axle not come with one.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Unless Lowe's has the staked nuts in that size then I wouldn't recommend it. </font color>

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i think it's a 1 1/8 OD and 11 or 13/16 inside- but i'm not sure- been awhile since i worked with my friend's D44. anyway, back to thread size- i'm thinkin it looked like a 26 or 28 thread.