Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pink eye??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FOR MUD, Jun 25, 2006.

1. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How can you tell if you have pink eye ? My left eye is killing me , I want to dig it out with a fork!!!!It started yesterday after I got home from working on my truck , only got three hours of sleep last night , it hurts more when the eye is closed . I don't think I got any dirt in it , done that lots of times and it doesn't last this long . My eye is bloodshot and the lids are swollen , both the eye and left side of nose has been running all day . This really sucks!! Tryed eye drops , no good . Any other ideas??? If not I'm going to use the fork!!! Yes I will take picts of that!!!:D

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

if you got pink eye you will need a prybar to open your eylid when you first wake up tomorrow morning. it goes away in a few days on its own i think

3. FOR MUD

Just wondering , wife said it might be pink eye . I'm betting on a scrach.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

definatly not pink eye. that stuff sucks. your eye will itch and bugger up if yo have pink eye.and not open tommorow cuz of the boogers.:doah: and you'll need medicine to get rid of it.it sounds like more than a scratch to me, go to a doctor if its still there tommorow. the lid swelling and the pain make me think its something else.

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Or a wee bit of metal. Had almost exactly the same symptoms you described happen to me years ago. Turned out a little ringlet of metal from grinding had got into my eye and then rusted. Was some serious pain. Driving to the doctor was just loads of fun.

The eye doctor took a look then grabbed this little battery powered buffer, cleaned up the rust (watching the world vibrating up and down rapidly was a trip) and in a day or so I was as good as new.

6. FOR MUD

If it's not any better tomorrow I'll go se a doc.