Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pink shocks and U-Joints

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Jul 29, 2001.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I don't think there is anything wrong with making a show truck but pink shocks and u-joints...come on! And I would hate to be getting this kind of price tag. I don't know how to do the clickable link, sorry. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593586524&tc=photo6154 If I add the pink shocks and u-joints to mine do you think I could raise the price from $6500 to $22,500?

Pics of my blazer-->http://www.geocities.com/m1009_86

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

clickable : www.geocities.com/rizmonkey

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> There is a nother post running right now about this same Blazer ..........not to many people like it .

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, I think it looks gay too. The red and white one someone posted about looks awesome though!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    That thing has been on eBay a few times now....wonder why he cant sell it?..lol

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

If I recall, plum crazy is a very dark metallic purple. My uncle painted his Continental V-drive drag boat that color. It's a very pretty color. I'm not even going to bother looking at the link. It will only make me sick.

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I dont get it!!! What is the problem w/ having a rig that looks good? Both this truck and the red and white one are are BLAZERS!!! That said,if its dressed up where is the problem??

OK I understand that some of us will roll over most every time they go out, but I will be willing to bet the vast majority of us wont even so much as rub a branch on a freakin bush! I have been in positions w/ my 2 previous rigs where damage was inevitable. I scratched or dented it and said Oh well. I fixed the damage and forgot it. ( the benifit of being a body man )

SO what is the problem w/ having a clean nice looking rig, as long as you still use it. Envy?

And whats wrong w/ having 40 grand in a show rig? Do you know how most show rigs start?? People get tired of fixing what they broke, on the previous weekends adventures!

Appreciate it for what it is a beaten to death trail rig w/ killer engineering, thats so wasted the dents have dents!! Or a show quality cruiser that the only offroading it sees is when they pull it on the grass to wash it.

I personnaly will make mine the best of both, I will use and prob. abuse mine, but a few hrs of cleaning I will have the same Blazer ready to take out and cruise or show.

I hope Robin and Teresa dont get mad at me for this, but how many think of the White Knight as a too clean to use, show queen?? I dont think any of us would dare think that! Yes Teresa and Robin clean up the Knight and show it, But we all have seen the Knight covered in mud, heard the aftermath of the trail rides and the carnage of the broken parts.

So what do they have a show truck or a top quality trail rig, that will take a beaten and a half and come back begging for more??

My vote is the best of both.

Sorry to rant but Im gettin fed up w/ the beating the the "nice" rigs take. Mostly cuz mine will be one of the ones that has both! If I damage it, Ill fix it. but the type of wheeling I do does not require the rig to be rolled, or bashed against a boulder every time I take it out. To those guys yall are a special breed of nut! ( meant in the best way ) and theres no need to make a rig pretty and spend a ton of money on paint and body work to beat it up. But not all of us wheel that way.

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I actually kinda like it if they killed some of the stuff on it like the air dam, the pink roll bars and some of the other pink stuff... it needs beefer axles too. But really if I had it I'd be dang happy...

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Yeah I shoulda said I dont care for some of the stuff on some trucks. I think that some of the it is just tacky lookin.

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

10. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea, well I tell ya what I got 2 k5's, and a guarentee ya that one of them is NEVER going to see off-road. the paint job is too sweet, and I picked it up because it was incredibly clean, has UNDER 46,000 orig. miles on it, and I had enough money left after selling my car to pay cash for it.

I figure how much can I put into a dress up k5, and a off-road toy k5 with no car payments huh???

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have to agree with Pureinsanity on this. All of us here are our own person and we bash the guys with K5 show trucks. OK, they might want to much for them or they have stuff on them that some of us don't like but why are we bashing them. When I finally get Donna a K5 it will be fixed up for the shows and will very rarely be offroad so then we have the best of both worlds. You never know those guys might have a K5 at home that is a very capable offroad vehicle.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

12. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

i think show rigs are sweet it shows what your would like if you spent the same amount of money on a balzer with out the Beating part [​IMG] i personal will be finishing up Harvey here by snow fall and will then start on ether a 2wd drive show blazer or 4x4 one so that way i have something really cool to drive down town but still have kick ass wheeler ready to take on anything in its way [​IMG]

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There's an '87 K20 around here that's absolutely beautiful. It's got a 4" lift and 33" BFG Muds. It will never see mud, rain, or snow, and it's BS if you ask me. Even if my truck is perfect I'd still take it off-pavement, just wouldn't take it on tight trails.

Two of my other friends just got their trucks back, IFS rigs. They know they don't have the best off-road rigs, but one payed $5900 for an Auburn, 4.56s, a 6" lift, and 36" TSL Radials, and his truck looks really nice, but there's no way in hell he's just going to look at it, he's going to use it. Same with his buddy with the green '96 K1500 shortbox with 35" MT/Rs, 4.10s and a 6" lift.

Enter it in the local 4x4 show, do the straight-on mud bogs at least.

Build it and use it! Ever notice those that buy rigs don't use them?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

14. solowookie

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Even if my truck is perfect I'd still take it off-pavement, just wouldn't take it on tight trails.

<hr></blockquote>

and

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Build it and use it! Ever notice those that buy rigs don't use them?

<hr></blockquote>

man, and ya know whats great, we all have our own opinions and our own reasons.

man there is now way in h*ll that my on-road rig will ever see trails. I've been around trucks my entire life, started driving them on the ranch in 5th grade. I know what happens to trucks when you use them (or at least the potential).

it is like putting on a new pair of good pants, and walking out into the coral. you don't touch anything, or really do anything, and you really watch where you step. but you know what, inevitably you will come back with cow sh*t on those new pants.

15. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

You don't have to get rock rash to do trails, a little scratch here or there is inevitable but even if I had a show truck I'd 86 the pink shocks.
    Shawnboy.

If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.

16. solowookie

hey, I never said anything about pink shock! LOL [​IMG]

yea, I think I'd ax the pink shocks too, but I did like that red and white k5. the black one just kinda grinds on me (probably the color combo's.)