Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pioneer DEH-P6000

Discussion in 'Audio' started by thezentree, Jan 5, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

so i bought a beat-to-hell XJ a while back as a trail rig, and it came with one of these stereos. i dont know if it works or anything, i just pulled it out today, but if anyone knows anything about this thing (as in "it sucks lead paint chips" or "its so sweet that it get the shakes every time i look at it") or can decipher this, it would be much appreciated.

if this thing works, i want to put it in my yukon, and run the 4 door speakers and a 10" or two in the back. how would i go about wiring this thing? thanks yall.

2. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pioneer is my favorite brand for car audio. I would run it in the yukon if i was you. You will want to get an amp to run the subs. You will need the wiring kit to plug it in to your factory wiring, the plastic kit that will mount where your stock radio is and hold the new cd player, and if you run an amp, you will need an amp kit including rca plugs and positive and negative wiring for the amp and the remote wire for the amp. Its a relatively easy install. Just takes some time. If you were just going to run the door speakers, you would only the plastic kit, and the wiring mentioned above. Here is an example of the plastic mounting kit i'm talking about http://www.scosche.com/scosche.aspx?ItemID=GM1483B&CategoryID=5I would go to a car audio shop becuase i think that their mounting kits are higher quality then the example i showed. You can get everything you need at walmart though.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Whooo!

Yep. pioneer is a good deal all around

I'd go with metra dash kits, I put one in my 2003 malibu and it's very clean and ISO mount instead of sleeve

Wiring harness should be a simple deal unless it's new enough to have some screwy integration, then you'll need a wierd accesory box like I did

Wiring is DEAD simple with a handful of butt splice connectors and a crimping tool

Running subs is also easy as pie, a little tricky wire running fromt he battery to the back and other stuff, but essentially cake

Go for it

BTW - I have a Pioneer 12" Sub in a truck box I need to get rid of fast *giggle* cheap cheap. Includes free on phone tech support!

4. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

I put a 6500 in my wifes truck. I also have a 6600 in my truck. I love em. I would keep ahold of it for sure. Did it come with the remote?. If not, you could probably order one for it. I can't remember the specifics of the wiring. I know that the green, white, purple, and grey are the speaker leads. The red? and yellow are power. I can't remember which one is switched and constant power.

I plan on putting the 6200 in my latest aquisition, (88 Blazer) sometime this week so I'll be getting a review on wiring soon. If you can't figure it out, I'll try to post the color code for sure.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

I agree, Pioneer makes solid decks.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pioneer makes great headunits. The first thing too do id make sure it works. Most car stereo shops will "bench test" it for you if you are going too buy something from them like the dash kit and the wire harness (and sence we're talking a newer GM, you'll also need a antenna adaptor). Providing every works the way it should, hooking it up is a breeze, the wire harness is color coded. I've never seen one where the colors didn't match.

7. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

I just switched my deck to my new truck.

Red is switched power (accessory)
    Yellow is constant power (from the battery)
    Orange is illumination (hook up to your dimmer circuit)
    Black is ground
    Blue is power antenna lead

SPEAKERS
    grey-front, right
    violet-rear, right
    white-front, left
    green-rear, left

I hope this might be helpful. I'm sure that once you get your deck hooked up, you'll love it. BTW An install kit is the easiest way to go.