Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pioneer Head unit woes...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zcarczar, Dec 25, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My head unit started acting funny this weekend. It starts skipping on perfect CD's for no apparent reason and im getting a crapload of interfernce in the amps, it just started happenning this weekend and it has never done it before. Is it possible that all the jumping and stuff ive done in my truck finally killed the head unit? BTW the head unit jiggles around a little bit in the dash.

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

It sounds like it is having fun with ya... CD lasers hate to bounce around. Are you getting interfernce when you use both the CD and the radio? can just be a ground problem with the interfernce. I'll take it if you replace it. I like working on them and see if I can get them to work right again.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I doubt its the ground because i tried a lot of different spots for the ground and it still did it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, Im gonna take it in for warranty, cause its less than a year old.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Just don't tell them you jump your truck! Good luck....