Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pipe bender, who has one and what kind???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fulltopblazer, Apr 30, 2002.

1. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I,m wanting to buy a pipe bender and was wander what kind most everybody was using, how you like, where you bought it ,and how much. I have one that I bought off Harbor Freight Tools and it works just fine except extremlly slow. I used it to build my bumpers but I don't think I have the patiance to use it on my cage. Thanks for the info

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Pipe benders and Tube benders are totally different things, and you CAN'T use a pipe bender on tubing for a cage since the dies are different sizes. If you want the correct bender get one from Pro-Tools or JD Squared, they make really good benders and they're relatively inexpensive as tube benders go. (yeah I know they're still expensive for many of us) There's been several good discussions about this on here before, try doing a search in the 4x4 2nd Gen forum since the Garage is fairly new.

3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Here's a few links:

www.pro-tools.com
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.vansantent.com>www.vansantent.com</a>

I've got a JD2, can't beat it for the money.

BIGJ

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I have used the JD2 model 3 and can vouch that it is nice and easy to use. My friends dad races dirt oval and uses it to make his cars. My buddy and I took our first stab at it last year and made a very professional looking pre runner bumper for his truck. Have thought about buying one my self.