Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pirate is pretty much useless

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by armyfiredawg, Jul 6, 2006.

1. armyfiredawg

armyfiredawg Registered Member

The thing I have noticed about pirate4x4 that really annoyes me, besides all of the single minded *ucks who have nothing better to do than to talk **** as opposed to answer and help with simple questions, is the fact that anytime I run a post looking for help on something to do with my chevy that I can't find on this site, I am told by everyone to check out the CK5 forum. Whats the point of having a chevy forum on pirate if everyone comes here anyway? :doah:

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I've never even looked at pirate

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

There is some great general tech on PBB, but you have to dig more than here. For more basic questions and chevy specific questions (read: most of what I need to know) people will simply refer you here. I haven't found anything there that I didn't find here....

4. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

It took you that long to figure that out? pirate is only cool if you like gettin your ass reamed for askin toopid ????s So you never ask ??? just parrose the classified lookin for rockwells:D :rolleyes:

5. cbbr

Off subject a bit, but if you are looking for Rockwells, there are some posted in the for sale section here.....

6. BoondocK5

Thanks man!

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've found the tech articles on Pirate to be invaluable. Other than that, I don't spend that much time there, even though I have a membership. I've had some pretty friendly responses to questions, but by no means to the level of here. You have to craft your words quit carefully otherwise some testosterone filled snotnose will talk out of his ass to you on occasion.

8. cbbr

Speaking of, I was actually attacked by the one and only Timmay a while back.:haha:

9. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Link.

10. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

X2...............need a giggle! :wink1:

Ryan......................ya going to Tellico next Friday? I hope...............

11. cbbr

12. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Timmmmmmaayyyy!!!!

13. armyfiredawg

armyfiredawg Registered Member

The only reason I still frequent that site is a lot of the items up for sale in the classifieds are from locals in my area. The only plus side to living where that site originated.

14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Is that kid still alive? Go figure.

I suppose he thinks he's better than McGuyver too. :rolleyes:

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

pirate is good for 3 things...

1) search feature to find tech/buildup threads
    2) vendor discounts
    3) give aways.

that is all. It could be soooooo much more.. but they would rather be asshats than anything else. In many ways pirate-types give us all a bad name. I mean, it doesn't take a psy major to realize that the prevailing attitude on pirate is born of a mental-midget mother and an incredibly insecure father. They have some serious issues over there. I just raid the place for freebies and discounts and tech and forget the rest.

j

16. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

When I worked at the hotel, chit chat over there was my saving grace for passing away the 6 hours of idleness every night.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yippee, another whine about PBB thread on here....................................

It's like everything else, you take what you can use and leave what you can't. As for the complaint about the Chevy forum over there, I will agree with that. The Chevy forum there sucks, the one moderator they have is AWOL due to his job a lot and therefore a lot of garbage gets posted there.

As for everything else, each site has it's own unique atmosphere to it. Some people like it, some people don't. I know of some big time tech forums on the web where the atmosphere absolutely sucks, therefore I don't go there. I do hang out there and I do have friends that hang out there.

You have to think of it as the CB radio of the new century. Great place to blow off a little steam since the rules of engagement are somewhat looser than most other places, but there is also a lot of great info to be had if you look around and not only tech.

With that being said, there are some great folks on there that I can call friend, or well acquaintance in my book. I know a few of them and have hung out with a few and drank beer with a few.

In the end, it's simple. Don't like it, don't go there. Nobody is forcing you to go there and it's just like the television............................

18. BoondocK5

Once again BRB speaks the straight talk!

19. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You gotta admit though Bubba, that the general behavior in the General Chit Chat forum on Pirate does spawn a lot of pretty juvenile behavior. CK5 has its share, don't get me wrong, but most folks here tend to soften the slams a bit. Over on Pirate, if you raise someone's ire, you get both barrels rather bluntly and with plenty of obscenities. Here you get slammed on occasion, but it is a bit more subtle and without the crudeness. They both have their different environments and one isn't necessarily better than the other. It just depends on what you are in them mood for, or where you feel more comfortable at any given time.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

True, true.

Female nOObs bring out the the "show us your boobies" repostathon and God forbid if you post a pic of a female and you do not add in the disclaimer that she's your wife and/or other family member and she looks normal and not like some airbrushed Playboy freak, the critics are out in force.