Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pirelli tire ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GONZO, Nov 30, 2000.

1. GONZO

GONZO Registered Member

anyone have any experience with pirelli scorpion at tires? i just bought a set last night for my wifes blazer. hers is mostly going to be a street truck( alot snowy roads) with very limited exposure to 4wheelin. could not pass up the deal, 33x12.5x15 for $68 a tire.

<font color=blue>85 k5 Blazer 4x4
    99 Trans am 30th anniversary
    79 Trans am [​IMG]

2. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I bought 4 of those myself last night at Sears. They were out of stock, so I'll get them next week. Check my post from yesterday (11/29) titled Pirelli Scorpion AS/AT tires. There are a couple of responses there. Hey, for $69 a tire for 33's, you can't go wrong. Some people love 'em, and some hate 'em. I guess we'll find out soon enough

3. GONZO

GONZO Registered Member

yep, sears had to order mine in too. they should be here next week.
    i can't wait to get the crappy 235/75 tires that are on there now off! we just got some snow last night and i drove my blazer and my wife's back to back just for a little comparison. hers is sliding all over the place on those little tires (they are bfg's too, and they still suck!)
    i actually went in looking for the same tires i have on mine (trailhandler at) , but they are not made anymore. those were a good all around tire for the price. not many deep mudholes around here to justify the expense of the tire i would rather have, the bfg mudders.

<font color=blue>85 k5 Blazer 4x4
    99 Trans am 30th anniversary
    79 Trans am [​IMG]

4. slash

slash Registered Member

I have heard that these tires are decent - my brother has a 5 set of 33x12.50 (spare) on his TJ [​IMG] Check it out @: http://home.kscable.com/pert/ and email him @ the bottom if interested in his opinion...