Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PIs post has me wonderin...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Just wonderin... I see that Pure Insanity has put on a front reciever hitch. My question is this: Could a guy use a front reciever like that to hook a towbar into? Is that a good idea? It would maybe be a solid bar... say 2" square with a hitch on the other end that could hook onto a ball on a reciever on the back of a tow vehicle?

Mike

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

OOOH NO! DONT BLAME ME! LOL!!

I had the same thought but I dont know if it would work on corners. Theres no side support to drag the front around. Going straight would be great tho. HEHE! If you were to rig up some kind of a way to triangulate it like a nomal hitch, it would be fine Id say.

OR do it and pull the front wheels off! LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I really need to quit posting when Im tired! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I dont think it would be a good idea because there would be too much sideways stress. If there were two recievers it would be great. Maybe two smaller ones for a tow bar on the sides and one big one in the middle for a winch or shackle, etc.