Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pismo people

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mtnman210, Jul 31, 2006.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I know there are a few of you around here. I'm suppose to be going up there saturday afternoon and meeting the girlfriends family up there (who will already be there) and then stay through sunday. Well I kinda screwed up and didn't get reservations:doah:.
    So is there any way to go about getting an over night reservation if they're saying they're full or am I S.O.L. Would there be any safe place near by to just leave my truck over night? Or is my only other option to just drive up early sunday morning and hang out for the day. I've never been up there so I'm not familiar with the reservatoin process.

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

pretty much S.O.L...it's there tourist season right now. u could hit up the hotels when u get there and see if there any open spot's but then your chancing it. u could try some of the surrounding towns around Pismo.....that might be your best bet. I was just there a couple weeks ago and it was packed like a MOFO.... I never use to remember it like that. I pracitly grew up in pismo.....

3. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You most likely will be able to still get a day pass which is good till 10 or 11 at night. There is usually plenty of parking around the area just before you hit the beach thats not to bad to leave your truck at. DONT try and full the rangers by not leaving at night because they check all the vehicals early in the morning for over night passes and if they catch you without one its like a 300 dollar ticket. Also if you have to there are plenty of hotels in pismo to stay at which are only minutes for the beach.

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

cool thanks guys. I guess whoever's getting there earliest is gonna try and see if they can still get me an over otherwise I think I'm just going up early early sunday morning.

5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Pm sent

6. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Chevyin, what's up with the trails up there in SLO. Forget Pismo, I want to know about the water crossings etc...

7. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

noahrob
    Very low I am guessing. I have'nt been above lake Lopez since Memorial weekend though. Working for one of the atv rental shops and putting in long hours. We are planing on some major time off in September to get back on the truck projects, and a Garcia ridge run would be fun.