Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pismo Pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Jun 2, 2003.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went to pismo beach for memorial day weekend, there were tons of people and it was pretty crazy. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Here was our caravan down to pismo, My dad's new motorhome-('91 Rockwood TBI454/4L80/14FF), towing our 327 powered jeep, my friend pete with his black '90 K5, and my '72 K5 with my friends CR125 in the back.
    [​IMG]
    Before we hit the sand, I hooked up our trailor so my dad's motorhome wouldn't get stuck in the sand.
    [​IMG]
    Then we set up camp right near pole 5...
    [​IMG]
    A few pic's of playing in the dunes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Every bowl i could find I had to try sweeping it right at the crest of the dune. I found this was a lot of fun, until my friends said i damn near flipped my truck when i caught air all sideways on a dune.... wish i got it on video. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THE CARNAGE:
    I was happy the whole trip my only damage was a crunched in fender... I thought my tires didn't rub anymore... I guess i was wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    [​IMG]
    My dad launched his jeep off a razorback on accident, came slamming down the other side which slammed the front axle back a couple inches, bent the leaf springs, bottomed out the driveshaft, cracked the frame in 2 places... My dad had a fat lip from the steering wheel and a tweeked back. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    [​IMG]

Was a very fun trip. We met up with Tori89K5, Shewheeler, Blazinaire, and Ductape114 while down there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

looks like fun, i was up there on that sunday 5/25 and rented a honda 400 for 2 hours and did some wheeling, pismo is always fun!

3. Ryan B.

Hey we rented a couple of 400 quads that same sunday for a few hours. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif We beat the crap outta them, my friend got a good 4' of air, and also flipped the quad a few times... When he returned it the flag was long gone and it was missing a rear light. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The guy was cool and let it slide. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Man, that looks like it was fun! I'd like to make it out there someday. Nice first-gen! That's sucks about the Jeep, carnage!!!! At least your dad isn't in that bad shape...

5. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Man!! I had no idea tha many of you went to Pismo! I live in SLO and will go a lot over the summer, send me a PM if you ever want to hook up. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Looks like a ton of fun. Good thing it was the jeep that got banged up and not your blazer. Nice to meet you by the way.

7. Ryan B.

Hey dude!
    It was good meeting you at the car show on Sunday also!
    Glad i asked "are you registered on ColoradoK5" when we were all talking to you about your Blazer. If i didn't ask we might not have realized who was who. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Too bad you'll be on vacation during blazerfest.
    Did ya see my car, it was in the 1st gen camaro row in front of you, about a hundred feet away from your blazer....
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Oh man, you should have told me, I would have gone and checked it out. Yeah that does inda suck I wont be here for blazerfest, but that will give me time to fix that front driveline!! haha!!