Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pismo trip from 12-20 *pics*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Dec 30, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Well I got to meet a fellow CK5 user and have a little fun on 12-20. Nice guy and fun wheelin with him.
    I'm the white truck with 4 inch lift and 37's he has 4 inch and 35's. nice truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

looks like fun in a couple of nice K5 whos was wheelin with you?

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

GONZO2 is his user name
    Clicky

he was new to CA and brought his boys along for the trip. i look forward to going back with him

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

How do you like the lockers? I need/want to go pismo. You know what your truck needs, It needs some Rock sliders from Mike, that would make your truck look completely different. Also did you finally get the steering fixed?

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

them trucks are lookin damn good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool pics hope I make it over there so we can go out wheelin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How do you like the lockers? I need/want to go pismo. You know what your truck needs, It needs some Rock sliders from Mike, that would make your truck look completely different. Also did you finally get the steering fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm callin ORD tomorrow about the crossover/WTO steering system $$$ but i hope that fixes it since nothing else will. Also i want rock sliders and was looking at echobit i think.. or rockmunger, i forget, i dont like the ones at 4x4 iron because they stick out too much, i kinda want them tucked in and with the flow of the body. i know i've seen them online before i just cant find them. I'm also looking for bumpers /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif so if you have any suggestions let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Have Mike make you some sliders, you saw the ones on my truck right? He designed the ones I have, but the company that I got mine from closed down. As for the steering, I doubt you will need hyrdro assist from WTO. I personally dont want hydro assist steering for my DD truck, I think it makes the steering way to twitchy.

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

but i gotta find what is the cause of my problem.... it has never steered correctly so my last thought is the steering box...... no one seems to be able to diagnos the problem either /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I sure wish I could have made it out. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I was only about 3.5Hrs away from you guys when you were down there.

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'm game if your free january sometime /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Well my suggestion is to have someone just barely move the steering wheel till they feel resistance and see where the slop is. It might be a worn steering box, a bad rag joint or bad column support bearing.

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    i'm game if your free january sometime /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, if I can afford it along with the spare time. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif It would cost me around $100 dollars in gas round trip from my home here in modesto including the gas I would use hammered down in Pismo. I will have to come up with some stockers though, no since in running down there on boggers.

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I will have to come up with some stockers though, no since in running down there on boggers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure there is they work like paddles if ya can spin them and I'm pretty sure that 406 has got that covered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I will have to come up with some stockers though, no since in running down there on boggers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure there is they work like paddles if ya can spin them and I'm pretty sure that 406 has got that covered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'm sorry Brian... I live about 300 miles away from Pismo Beach and I should have made my self more clear, I men't run on stockers down and back to save from putting 600 miles on the boggers and then just switch them when I get there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you have a 4 " lift and 37s? how are they for rubbing? and how wide are they?

17. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice pics, Hey Branndon did you ever meet up with Tape(Matt) and his friends...

18. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yeah i met up with tape later at night. A funny story.... gonzo left at like 3 something and my g/f and i set up camp ourselfs waiting for tape. anyway it was dark and my tire was flat. so brianne and i got in her tahoe to go get firewood as soon as we got in a nother truck pulled up (not ducttape) and got out near my truck, needless to say i got out and said something to the effect of "can i help you" he said "you from colorado k5?" i guess he saw my stucker. it was JDnobodi or what ever its spelled like anyway they hung out with us all night by the camp fire in the rain. cool guy.

in responce to the PM's i've gotten and posts here i have not trimmed yet. my tires are 37x12.5x16.5 and my rims are 16.5x8 something... here are pics of what got hurt at pismo
    the silver wheel well trim broke off right near the bottom. that was all the damage, but i heard it rub alot during my trip. on streets there fine but when i hit a sand hill under heavy throttle the nose dive caused the rubbing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. rjfguitar

more lift. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

is that all? you souldent have to trim muck at all then will you. that is incoraging /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif