Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pissed at my parents

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My old dog back home had been gettin pretty sick the past two weeks. I sorta knew what was coming, but my mom took her to get her put to sleep today, she was throwin up real bad and could hardly eat so at least shes not suffering. Woulda been nice to see her again but nothin i can do about it now. What pisses me off though, is she is gettin cremated but the ashes are gettin spread at the vets farm buy a river or some bs. I asked my mom why we werent takin the ashs to our farm, she loved it out there.

"well it cost $100.00"

Hmm lets see my sisters last 2 female cats have both gotten fixed for hundreds of dollars. And after one got ran over there was barely any hesitation to get her another one and get it fixed when it was big enough. Pretty much a load of bull**** if you ask me. I didnt say nothin to my mom about that on the phone, damn it irritatin the livin hell out of me.

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Let it go a couple days, put yourself in your parents shoes for the last couple weeks, then civilly talk to them about it, don't forget you left the dog there for them to take care of.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Have a talk with her.

Ask her in future to talk to you about it first. In that situation your best bet would have been to offer to pay for a private cremation. If I am reading it right she didn't talk with you before she made the decision.

Is that correct?

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

yep i just found out about it all about a half hour ago, i live about a hour from my parents. Couldnt bring my dog to college, and she was getting old enough by the time i got out of college it would of been alot of stress to move her to a different place.