Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pissed at the stealership

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My mom drives a 99 Buick Regal. Her brake light comes on so dad being the down to earth oldschool mechanic he is, buts new pads on it and tops off the brake fluid tank. That doesnt take car of it, he calls the dealership where we get our newer cars worked on.(IE anything with a fancy smancy computer except the 91 TBI S10 with the SES light on all the time we ignore becuase it runs fine)The dealership says its probably a loose wire making the brake light come on or something. So i guess the one salesmen picks it up today and takes it in to get it worked on. They hooked it up to the computer. They told mom it needs a new transmission, which I cant see how the hell that has anything to do with the brakes. Also now that mom has got it back tonight, once you start it within 5 minutes of running it up and dies off. I am royally pissed, if I had a day off to spare Id take one tommorrow drive the 70 miles to sac city and chew some ass. They screwed me over bad enough putting a fuel pump in my S10 Blazer it probably didnt need, now they are gonna try to pull this ****. I drove the car last saturday night and nothing was wrong with the transmission at all. Unless they get their **** together I think im gonna start taking my business elseware. Rant Off

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i have to play the devils advocate on this one.

if the technician hooked up the tech2 and was checking for codes, he could have found codes stored in the PCM, that would not have turned on the check engine light, but would be indicators that there could be a problem inside the tranny.

but alot of codes are caused by either the wiring connector at the tranny or the a/c dryer bracket rubbing through the wiring harness. id have those inspected first before you drop any coin on internal tranny work. the stalling problem could also be caused by this wiring harness problem.

what did they say was causing the brake light to stay on?