Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pissed off and screwed at the same time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jemaddux, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Jemaddux

Jemaddux Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

jesus dude, no need to go to extremes. Snap On has some nice stuff, but damn, for the price the competitors arent as bad. i would seriously look into some sort of legal action, since you bought the insurance specifically to prevent this from happening. at least some sort of complaint with the BBB on the insurance company.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Credit cards = Misery. Pay them off and stop using them!

Just curious, is the insurance only making the minimum due payment?

I lost a few hundred bucks to Capital One because I cancelled a card and thought it was a zero balance. I had bought some stupid insurance or something that they sell, and when I cancelled the card, they never cancelled that, so it kept charging me. I think I ended up with something like a year of late fees and charges owed to this scummy little payment protection company.

Nothing gets people angrier than credit card problems. These are companies designed to take your money away in exchange for nothing.

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Don't ever get a credit card from Sears they charge to much and then you can get tools easier and none of us need that. :D

5. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

From what i was told, lowes hand tools are made buy the same ppl as snapon or sears, cant remember, but from what i have seen, lowes tools are pretty good quality, and have the lifetime crap just like everyone else. and the price isnt bad, as for huskey..... i wouldnt go that way, every tool that was bought broke, all under regular hand use, no abuse.... i even snaped the head off a pair of i think 10" channel locks just by squeezing the handles together while tring to tighten a pipe up

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I carry Husky sockets on the bike. Leaving it alone all day, I don't want to cry if they're ripped off. But yeah, they don't exactly reek of quality...