Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pissed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88MudBeast, Jun 28, 2001.

1. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

OK, so yesterday i take my truck to the automated car wash...the fancy ones...where you look through the glass at your car being washed. So i pull my car around and the people start cleaning the inside and stuff...whatever. Then i go inside and wait for my car to come through. It gets to whrere my truck is almost directly in front of the first window and i hear this huge KLUNK and the conveyer belt stops. So at that point i had no idea what had happened. So i wait for my truck to come out at the end, and the guy pulls it out and there is no aparant problem. Then i walk around to the other side of the car and my 12 CB whip antenae is phucking gone. The guy says nothing about it...that being the guy who had to restart the conveyer belt. Kepp in mind that i have been through this wash like 8 times with my antenae on and never had a problem. So i go up the the manager and tell him that my antenae is gone, and he goes to search for the thing in the washer area. after five minutes the guy brings this mangled piece of metal to me and trys to convince me that all i need to replace is the mount. Then i explained that everything was broken except that. He was like if the woman at the front told you to take it off and you didnt, then its not our fault. Then i told the guy she didnt say a damn thing...which is the truth, and i finally convince the manager to reimburse me when i buy a new one. But here is the problem...i have never seen another like it...its huge...can i find it at a truckers store...or where do i get one...it was on the car when i bought it. So...i want to find something similar to it. Anyhow...let me know if you know where to find one, i have to get it within two weeks the manager said. Thanks.
    Jake

Drive it like you stole it!

2. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

On second thought...does anybody know where i can get one of the military CB antenaes? The ones with the spring...liek the ones you see on the military hummers..the i can spend as much as i want on this thing.
    Jake

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You can get the spring mount from any cb shop. And they should be able to help you out on the mega sized antennae.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Radio Shack sells a lot of differint kinds and can order more......Dan

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Give Boyce Equipment a call for the spring. At least the manager can feel his butt being sore after dealing with Boyce!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i would not go with the hummer style thin whip unless you are running an amplified CB. also i got a 12 foot whip for sale... PM me if you are interested....

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

7. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Those military antenaes are not made for CB's. They are tuned for military FM bands, so they probably won't work very well with a CB.

8. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

If there is a truck stop anywhere near you, try them, too

'85 Blazer... 9" lift... 35-12.50 BFG AT's...LOTS of rust