Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pitbull's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyin, Dec 2, 2005.

1. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Darn, im going to buy the tsl's again. Just cant beleive this company has no dealers that know or have sh*t about39.5 rockers. Try to buy them, its like please take my money. But no call us back in a month our two and maybe we can help you. F--- that will be ordering TSL' again tomorrow.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the top of my screen now has the pitbull ad on. look in the vendor section.

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

thanks man but have tried the rep here and there web site and there local venders quote. This company does"nt want our cash. Darn I know I am bit**ing but wtf . I would like to try there tires and you cant buy them. Try yourself they have no dealers that have them our can even say when they they might be able to get them. Sorry i'm ranting but darn have cash and can,t even try them out to let everyone know how they do.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

try ebay. i have seen them on there at times . new tires . i searched under pitbull or close to that .

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My buddy has a set of 37" rockers. First trip out he punched a hole in one. Another was so far out of balance he was told it would require more weight than he had room on his rim to even consider balancing it(its an offroad tire so no surprise there). I think he actually got OK4WD to replace two of the tires. Truck is sitting waiting for its new Currie 9" right now so no update on the new ones.

7. boxxerace

boxxerace Registered Member

Try Tyres international (US Based). They have the best prices that I could find, had the tires in stock and shipped them ground from the midwest to Seattle in 3 days time. Good service and easy to work with.

Site Link: http://www.tyres1.com/

I bought the 39.5 rockers. I mounted them on 12" wide rims and they ballooned out to 18" wide @ the sidewalls. The tread is 16.5" and looks good up close. The pictures do not do justice. I will note the the tire is similar to other Bias plys and it will look rounder at the tread area. However running at 25-30 psi, the tires flatten out under the weight of the truck.

Taking them offroad for the first time Saturday in snow, so lets hope they float well.

Now it's time for Pitbull to make a monster tire. At least a 46" but maybe a super large 50" or something for fun. Course, please make a 42" (actual) for us normal folks.

Edit: I will add, all of the feedback I have read indicates that this tire has had much less problems than the Irok + of course is more hard surface friendly than the bogger. In reading different forums and magazines, every tire out there has been suceptible to sidewall damage. Probably one of the strongest sidewall types of tires would be some Military 20 ply, but it might not flex under a 4, 5 or 6000 lbs. rig. I guess time will tell for me.

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

got any pics of them mounted up?

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I got mine in 5 days here. They are going on this weekend, after the D60 and 14FF. 39.5 x16.50x16, on a 10 inch rim, at 40 psi, unloaded, they measure 38.8" tall, 17" wide. Haven't rode on them yet, but they look like they will be awesome.

10. boxxerace

No pics yet. I mounted them in the garage just a few days ago and I have been on the mad rush to get my truck rolling for a trip this weekend. I will snap some pics tomarrow morning.

As far as pics "Mounted" up. The closest I got is me taking the tires home from work in my Subaru. Three fit in the back (barely) and one on top. I will note that once inflated that the tires are signifigantly wider, scratch, WAY wider!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

How much were they with shipping to Seattle?

12. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

roberts tire in gilbert sells them

13. boxxerace

If I recall correctly, four Pitbulls sent ground (on a pallet) came to a total of $1,324.56 or $332.00 Ea) I will note that the only Washington dealer of these tires is Les Schwab, but they wanted something like $1600.00 for them :eek:

The tires were somewhat easy to mount once the sidewalls were warmed up.

I cannot wait to take them offroad ---> if only I can get my other crap together (oh so close).

14. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Where in Seattle do you live and where do you go out wheeling? I wouldn't mind getting a closer look at those Pitbulls, they look pretty sweet!

15. boxxerace

I am actually in Snohomish County. I may be out on Foss River road (in the snow) on Saturday for the first time in this truck. Just finished regear, lockers, bigblock EFI, dana 60, crossover and a bunch of other junk, so I have lots of little bugs to work out.

I should be up and rolling fully in a week or two. I will try to capture some shots on Friday and post them up. I know there are a few CK5'er nearby. I know of a few big blazers around my neighborhood.

Oh, and pretty soon I will actually get a membership here since I will have some questions to ask and maybe join some trail days with you guys.

16. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

XT... Mmmm... Turbo... :D
    (STi owner myself)

Those pics are hillarious! :)

17. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Thank's guys

We decided to go over the top today. Ordered 4 double bead locks"16.5.x12" from daniel at 6x6, and 4 more of the 39.5 TSL's. Got good priceing on the tires from a local shop that was'nt even Interco official dealer, and decided the saveings was worth the beadlocks. Yea right, still like 500.00 more than we budgeted for. DAMN i love k5's:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

18. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Right on, that sounds like my list I am working on, just finished doing TBI on my 402 (still tweaking it), and just picked up a Dana 60 recently to put in so I will be doing that and crossover in the next couple months.

'77 K5, Warn M8000, 402TBI/350/205, 44(spool'd & chromo'd)/14bff(welded), 4"/36" Irok's

19. boxxerace

Crossover is sweet from what I can tell. I just drove the truck this morning for the first time ever. Good way to start the morning. Unfortunatly I forgot the camera on the test drive. I did a little RTI testing on a local hill to look at drivetrain and brake line limitations. So far so good. I am running the Bilstien 5150's which ride pretty nice.

NOTE: Anyone here in the NW, I need a rear steering brace in a big way. If you have one for sale, please let me know today (friday) Thanks!

Anyhow, here are a few photos to get you going this morning. Oh, and just for fun, I through in my Subie working the RTI test :) (PS, you a Nasioc guy? )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the offtopic pics!

20. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I don't frequent Nasioc much but I'm on there as k5shawn. Also on iwsti.com. Running 12.8 @ 106 in Denver (5800 ft) with the STi :).