Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Place s to Wheel in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Mar 17, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm not new to trucking, but I've never had the desire to put my vehicle through the riggors before, so anyone know any good places (events, trails, hill climbs, rock paths, etc... ) to go wheeling in Wisconsin? I want to find these places before summer starts, since I have limited time to go play... I'd like to just be abe to get there and go... and seeing other trucks there will boost my confidence about driving through the slop in the first place.

Oh yeah... a nice mud pit would be awesome too.

2. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

We should hook up, I'm in Sauk-Prairie, and have a '72. I read in a 4wheel mag that there's a decent place near Richland Center, (near Viola). Also Black River Falls and Crivitz. Those are the only places I've heard about for general 'wheeling.

There's also a bar near Ft. Atkinson that has mud drags during the summer on Sundays.

Of course, for spectating there's always the Brush Run in Crandon.

Pray for warm weather! My top stays off all the time, and I'm anxious to get out there!

3. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There are some places... the most popular are the pipeline and McCaslin Mountain. Therea re also a couple forests... Lincoln County and Oneida county I think that have some wheeling. Never been to any of them but some of my friends over the years I knew from the club were from Wisconsin.

I spend my time local, in dayoop.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My club makes a run to Dresser every year. I'm hoping to have my truck together for it this year but we'll see. I hear it's an awesome spot and quite a few people know about it.

5. crazykev4x4

crazykev4x4 1/2 ton status

wheeling in wisconsin

My bro in law has a farm in watertown we go wheeling at in the summer. he also mud drags in the summer.

Kevin

6. PhoenixZorn

Cool... I'm Watertown now at work... we'll have to hook up some time. Truck's in the shop now, but I'm waiting patiently for it to be done.

I hunt in Black River Falls... the State Forest has some decent logging roads, but I've never seen anyone attempt to wheel it. I'd love to hit the swamps in there if I ever get the chance... I'll need a 20k winch if I want to try that though, some of it is pretty deep and I'd hang up my axles on the bogs there.

On a side note, my uncle got his suburban stuck there a few years back... we wrote "Swamp Buck" on the side in mud just before my dad pulled him out with his E-150 conversion van... it was quite a sight.

We should all get together soon after the last melt and hit all the fresh mud we'll have in early spring. I'd love to hit some rocky trails too.

Oh yeah... I live about a half hour from Fort Atkinson, so I'll have to check out that bar you were talking about.

Is there a 4x4 club in Wisconsin? I was part of a racing club when I had my rice burner, and I'd like to start a club in the Watertown/Waterloo area if there isn't one already.

7. crazykev4x4

my bro in law is a member of a 4x4 club. i will have to ask him the name of the club. he has a mud buggy and a 81 blazer rolling on 40's . it is spotless so he only drives it in the summer. he was talking about selling it. im around on the wekends and during the day in the week. I work second shift in waukesha. i used to work at the chevy dealer in watertown for 7 years as a technician.

Kevin

8. PhoenixZorn

We all need to hook up and work on our trucks together a few days a year... Besides the fact that it's cool to do, I am by no means a mechanic, and would love to learn the stuff... I can talk about hp and gearing and stuff, but really, I have no idea what some of the simplest things mean when it comes to engines... I had to look up the difference between square bore and spread bore carbs when I was buying a new carb for my truck...

9. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

DRESSER 05'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and my buddies go there every friggin year. look for a K5 this year painted like a cow thats me! im from MN though so i cant contribute to the thread

10. crazykev4x4

phoenix zorn

i was gonna give ya my phone number but it says you cant accept private messages. i work second shift 3-1130 mon-friday. ya we should get together sometime soon. give me a call 920-988-7109

Kevin