Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Place to find tinted rear window?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85BlazerFan, Apr 11, 2004.

1. 85BlazerFan

85BlazerFan Registered Member

The rear window in my Blazer is scratched pretty bad, and I was looking around for a replacement, but with it already tinted like the side windows on the removable top (not film tint).

Anybody know if a company makes this?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are looking for a lamenated window then. Probably GM is going to be the only place that carries lamenated windows, maybe someone like "Don's Mobile Glass" but you will have to check. Why would you not want film? Replace your weather striping in the tailgate and it will be fine. I have 4 layers of film on my back window and no problems with it wanting to peal off.

3. crazykev4x4

crazykev4x4 1/2 ton status

GM discontinued the glass . it is available from vintage parts in Beaver Dam Wisconsin . the sell discontinued and obselete gm parts

Kevin

4. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

What do they go for?

5. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

they can be had from an auto glass dealer. the cost is high around 300.00 installed.. they break real easy had 2 installed by the body shop before i got to see it up..

6. crazykev4x4

crazykev4x4 1/2 ton status

250.00 or so

Kevin

7. 85BlazerFan

85BlazerFan Registered Member

Ouch... don't want to spend that much on a rear window. I'll just pick one up at the local yard, replace the weatherstripping on the tailgate and slap on some film tint.

Thanks for the info/help.

8. owen

owen 1/2 ton status

I got one I can help you with, but Im in south AL- pm me

9. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Cheyv suty has them for $109.95 for 73-75 and 89.95 for 76 - 87. I would give you the exact link, but thee website doesn't give an individual link for each product. the part # for the 73- 75 is 70-346, and the # for the 76 - 87 is 70-348. here is the link to there site Chevy Duty Online Store . if your scroll down the right side you can find the year for your blazer and then click on the link. that will open up a submenu and you can scroll down to back glass and it will open the page for those. The part your looking for is at the bottom right of the first page under the back glass section. Hope this helps, and also hope you didn't buy something expensive already.

10. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

you can also just do a search for the part in the upper right hand corner. I forgot about that option.

11. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

The "built-in tint" windows are laminated and crack really easy. Not good since they are $$$. I used a new clear window (<$100) and had tint film applied to the inside. I put in new inner and outer weatherstripping at the same time. It looks like the outside will scratch up before the film does.

12. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

if I am correct laminated glass is like your front windshield and does not crack that easily but some rear windows are tempered and they do crack and the fall to pieces just like the side windows...Just my two cents