Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

placement for offroad light switches...??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Nov 22, 2004.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok I am going to start mounting my relay pack I bought back a while ago...
    [​IMG]
    Going to get the 4 lights on the front bumper hooked up by next weekend...

Where would you put the switches? basically there is going to be 2 for front bumper and 4 for rollbar...
    breakdown... Rollbar lights are broken but will get new ones later.. 5 forward on 3 switches and 2 eagle eyes backwards on 1 switch... 4 on front bumper on 2 switches....
    I have a headliner in the truck that has a flat spot to it...
    [​IMG]

or on the right side of the dash.. lower area.. Since I do not have AC the vent is not there but a flat spot.. May be tight for that ammount of switches....
    [​IMG]

or cutout the storage spot on the upper right side of the dash and put a flat plate there....Nothing stays in there at the moment anyway....
    [​IMG]

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

There is plenty of room there for 6 switches. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

3. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry I don't have pics,but I had six switches mounted verticle between the ashtray and the glovebox... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I have some switches on the metal cover plate just under the steering wheel.

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I vote for right here.
    [​IMG]

If I didnt have a vent there I would make it a switch panel. It easily reachable and visible. I have mine down under the headlight knob, but i have to look to find it. i think it would be nice and easy where the cubby is. Check out seabass in the giveaway froum see if he could whip ya up a nifty little panel /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

This is where I put my ARB switches, could be a good place for light switches I would think. My rock lights switch is mounted on the top part, sorry no ppic of that.
    [​IMG]

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I mounted my switches on the console, between the seats. I removed the cup holders and replaced them with a flat diamond plate. They are easy to see, and easy to reach. My drinks just bounce out of the holders anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif