Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

places to get steel... time for the rocker upgrade!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jun 16, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ok gang, I did a seach and it seems no one has brought this up here in the last 6 months so I need to ask again. Where do u guys get good steel to fab stuff with? Im gonna do the off-road.com style rocker replacement mod and I need to get the rectangular steel tube to do it. Prolly want to get 3" x 2" stuff... oh i dunno... 3/16" wall i guess. Need it in approx 6' lengths. I have no probs using used steel, so long as I can get it in the gauge/size I need and saving $ is always a good thing, so if any1 knew of a yard in the portland area that had a goood selection of used steel that'd prolly be ideal. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Im gonna gusset these bad boys and will have to cap the ends too... so a place that had 3/16" in plate form would be good too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thanks in advance!

j

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I get all my steel from a place right here in canby called BBS Steel. Pm me if you want there address and number /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

theres a place on 4th plain in Orchards, that has a pretty good selection...

4. jekbrown

are ya talkin about J&S (or is it J&someotherletter?)?? last time i went there, they didnt have what i needed...

j

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Pacific Machinery & Tool Steel in Portland.
    3445 NW Luzon
    1-800-547-1091

Best thing to do is show up and ask to check out their scrap/rem section. They cut sweet deals on that stuff.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That is like me at BBC Steel, I always go thru the scrap/rem area first, cause i can get steel at like $0.15/lb or something really close to that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jekbrown

cool beans shane, thanks for the tip! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif any1 else have another source in the area? Just tryin to see whats else might be out there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j