Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Places to Wheel in AZ

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudman83, Mar 17, 2005.

1. mudman83

mudman83 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am pretty new to wheeling and have just wheeled around in Butcher Jones out by Saguaro Lake. I was wondering where other trails were around the Phoenix area. I have heard of a trail running form Superior to Florence but i don't know where it is or what it is called. I have a stock truck and am new at this so the trails should be fairly easy and something i can learn on. Just looking for the names of the trails, a map or something i could find them on and any recomendations from others wheeling in AZ.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Oh man, I hope you're not fond of sheetmetal:grin: The trails here can be brutal. Just hang with the AZ crew for awhile, and you'll see what I mean:cool1: .

Seriously though, go on one of our trailrides to learn the ins and outs. We'll show ya what to do, and what not to do. I think you'll find the AZ crew to be a great bunch of guys.

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sunflower Mine and FR42 are challenging, fun trails for a stock rig.

Sunflower Mine.....take 87 (Country Club) north a long ways and turn left at Sycamore Creek/Mt Ord sign, 1/2 mile past mile marker 222.

FR42.......east of Carefree at Bartlett Reservoir

Buy the book "Guide to AZ Backroads" by Charles Wells. Lots of moderate trails with great directions :thumb:

You can look at mine and copy the pages you are interested in too if you want.

480-220-5342

4. mudman83

when is the AZ crew going out again i probably cant go anytime soon because i got my wisdom teeth out today but maybe in a week or so o could go out again
    And i will give bigyellowjimmy a call when i can talk and thanks for the info.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Allright , and you got one of the prettiest of all Blazer front ends :D

FR42 is a way cool flexy trail , not rocky , but fun anyway . I plan on running that some more soon since fishing time is upon me . When I go I'll post up . Its been a slow wheeling time lately with the rain for the big planned runs and people still working on their stuff . But when one gets posted up jump on in .

Since I hit the scene here I have learned who to wheel with and who they real good people are . They take care of each other and we all have fun . Don't worry about what your truck can and won't do , there is always seats available . Enjoy AZ and CK5 :grin:

Welcome :waytogo:

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Florence (east of apache junction) or table mesa (north of new river) are the two top trail spots. Everything from mild to wild. Don't let the anti sheetmetal agenda scare you, it isn't a requirement. We will be having a couple of runs after easter.

Welcome to ck5

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I do have to say that this is the best group of guys to lend a hand and or advice and or patience and or any number of other good guy type compliments that are out there. When the big dogs come back to play with us commoners :p: the experience that they freely share is invaluable. Come on out and play. If you don't wanna bend sheetmetal there is way to avoid damage and still set around and watch the nutcases.

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

i resemble that remark:mad::grin::grin:

9. mudman83

ok thanks

I will go wheeling with you guys bext time you go if i can. If you can email me at kkarlson@gmail.com when you guys are going to go and i will search the post also
    It will be nice having somepeople there to help me if i break down, because the two times i broke down i was stuck out there like 4 hours each until someone came by.

10. johnnyclueless

johnnyclueless Registered Member

Just read MudMan83's post and Man - and would love to go wheeling with you guys next time around. Shoot me an email at Matthew.Armstrong@fedex.com - I will be in there like swimwear. Thanks guys

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

We had some breakage last time , and ya know what with Robs tools and everyone having spares Mike got off the trail ...... we sat around and had hot cocoa with Rob until an extra trailer showed up :)

12. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

the az guys are an unmatched group of kindness:D

All of them have some weird personality that just makes them fun to be around!

I am in Gilbert and I like to go out and do the mild stuff, and at times I like to try my hand on the more complicated trails,

just dont run with the fords when you go out in the big rocks...:doah:

Lots of trips comming up,

also a nice way to meet some locals is to show up at the 101 and university on wednesdays around 6 pm or 7

the place is called rev's:D

we have a flex ramp, roll overs and flops in a parking lot:crazy:

call up on wed, if ya want to go,

480-710-6967

:cool1: