Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

places to wheel in wester wa?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by im_2gr82h8, Apr 15, 2001.

1. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

Im in search of more places to wheel in teh puget sound area of washington. The closer to federal way teh better. I currently know of evans creek, rock candy mountain, green water, the pits (in federal way), and a few trail on stevens pass. I herd that you can use the trails on the army base as long as they arnt using it for exercises... does anyone know if this is true? Also herd there might be a place in auburn. Oh yeah, i jsut remembered Theres a place in black diamond too. well anyway if you know of a nother cool spot please let me know.m

2. scrapmetal

scrapmetal 1/2 ton status

I spent ten years in the army and generally, you need to go to range control, the military police will help you locate it, then tell them you want a post pass for the ranges, to fish and camp, don't tell them your gonna go four-wheeling, they all ready know but they can't right that down. They usually charge a couple bucks for a one year pass. Everytim you want to go onto post and wheel, call up range control and tell them which range you were thinking about going to, then they will tell you whether it is open or not. One thing you must do everytime you come off the ranges, when you get home or by a phone, sign back to range control and let them know you are out of the training area. Otherwise you will lose you priviliges, after three strikes your out.. Hope I was some help, don't even bother going on to the air base, they are closed posts, army posts generally are not,, Rock on and keep the greasy side down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Brad

Never been stuck, just temporarily delayed.

3. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

most places here in the north end everett-mountvernon have been shut down except walker vally unless theres other places around here im not aware of if you know let me know .theres also readerpit in sulton but aint been out there in a long time been thinking about going one of these weekends when i get some time off 3weekend on 1off the moneys good but it puts a hinder in my 4x4 or motor bike riding maybe memorial weekend dont know if i go ill drop you a post and let you know what the up&up is oh also mnt philchuch in granite falls foresrservice roads maybe snow last time i was up there there was about a foot that was kinda fun

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by blazerbum on 05/16/01 01:29 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    White river in Auburn, can't remeber wher the entrance is near the park I think.
    Tiger Mtn. there are some nice little lakes SE of Hwy 18 near Tiger Mnt.
    Renton, Fairwood area near Lake Desire
    Ceder River Area near Ceder Hills Landfill
    Tahoha ORV Park near Bellfair it about 1hour drive.
    Good luck