Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Planning a Trip to Tuttle Creek ORV, Kansas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Liberator, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Our club is planning a trip to the Tuttle Creek ORV area in Kansas sometime in October. I know October is a busy month but we thought we'd try something local since most of us are lacking in the funds department. Tuttle Creek ORV is located on the northern end of Tuttle Creek Lake just outside of Manhattan, Kansas. Manhattan, Kansas is located near Fort Riley and KSU. If anyone is interested please let me know and suggest a weekend and number of days.

Bo

If it breaks, it wasn't good enough!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I could probably make it. I'm only about 1 1/2 hours away. Let me know of progress.

<font color=red>I'm a "black top mudder"!!!</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

3. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Our club is meeting this Saturday to go over the details. I'll let you know what dates and details our members suggest.

Bo

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

As of the 20th fo this month I will be movig to NE for college from Oregon, I may be interested in a weekend trip. But I don't know where this area is at all. I'm in Hastings, Ne. About the only trip to Kansas that I have made is to pass through to Branson Missori. What kind of trip would this be, Mud, Rock,etc.? Let me know where from the Kansas/Nebraska border or some kind of directions and I will be planning on being there.

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Let me know more details as well,....

Hawglet, from Hastings to Manhatten, go east on US 6 to Fairmont and then south on US 81 to Concordia, KS. About 14 miles further south turn east on US 24 which will take you into Manhatten. It's about a 190 miles one way. I don't know where the Tuttle Creek ORV area is tho'.

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

where are you from? and where is this 4x4 group located?

7. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

The tentative dates as of now are the 12th-14th of October.
    Tuttle Creek has all types of terrain and is maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers. We normally camp at Randolph State Park which is located about 1 mi from the ORV area. For more information on Tuttle Creek check out this site:
    http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/tuttlecreek/tuttle_home.htm

Our club is the High Boyz and Girls 4x4 Club out of Leavenworth, KS. We've been tossing around the idea of a trip for quite some time now.

Bo

8. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

I'd love to go, but my blazer would never make it down there. I live about 150 mi. away. Would still love to go see all you guys and your rigs.

uh-oh

9. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Ok, we will be going out to Tuttle Creek on the 12th, 13th, and 14th of October. That's Fri-Sun. Two of us from the club are going out on Friday morning and the rest will be joining us when they can get off work.
    We can either meet in Manhattan or, meet at the campsite which will be in Randolph State Park. I prefer the latter since the park is small and our trucks would be hard to miss. Our club will pick up the cost of one campsite which should be all we need since it's open camping. The only thing anyone will have to worry about is the $5 a day for the vehicle and splitting the cost of firewood. I think Saturday night we'll be going into town to visit Aggieville and have a few drinks.

Once in Manhattan, find hwy 24/177 and head north to hwy 77. Basically, if you're following 24/177, it will take you right to 77. Just keep heading north! Follow the 77 to hwy 16 and make a right heading East. Cross the big bridge that goes over Tuttle Creek Lake. Right after the bridge make a right into the Randolph camp area. Go straight untill you get to the loop. We'll be camping some where along the loop.
    If you think you'll get lost we can make a meeting place in Manhattan!

Bo

10. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I have a maps in JPEG format I can email to anyone interested.

Bo

11. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Mail me the map maby I can get Mudzer and Layne to go with me and we can play in mine for a bit.

12. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I might be up to go as well.

13. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

btt