Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Planning my CB radio setup - help me out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TX Mudder, May 28, 2003.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have a Maxon MCB-20 CD radio my dad gave to me years ago. I used to use it with a magentic mount antenna.

[​IMG]

It is a handeheld - everything is inside the Mic itself.
    It has a little box that it connects to where it has the power leads (black and red) and a coax connector for the antenna.

[​IMG]

What should I do about the antenna? I found where Firestik makes a 2 ft tall antenna. They recommend 18 ft of coax between it and the CD. Where in the heck would I put 18 ft of coax?
    I want to keep it simple and efficient, but frankly I don't know that much about it all. I have the camper stlye mirrors so I should be able to mount a firestick on the mirror mount, but is the 2 foot one going to be big enough? Also, where do I run the antenna coax through? My doors are not perfect by any means so I don't have a problem drilling in them if I have to. What would the best idea be?

I also see these tunable antennas also from Firestik.
    -- Mike

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Duh, I guess I should check out the other forums before I just post anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks
    -- Mike