Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plans have changed alot for this topic. (Anyone by FT Bragg NC )

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SF87K5, Jul 11, 2003.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I need help please. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif The place my 87 K5 is the guy is moving to tellico. He is giving me 3-4 weeks to find a new home for it. I will be starting to rebuild it around the beginning of next month. I am willing to pay a storage fee also. I live in a apartment complex so there is no way I can keep it here.
    Can anyone help??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Anyone by FT Bragg NC

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i wish i could help...if you REALLY want to bring it to florida i can park it for ya...but im unable to assist at this time..try florida4x4.com they have people onboard from that area...good LUCK

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Josh,
    Thanks I will look into them.

5. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

No one that is by Bragg can help out. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Can you give some ideas on where I can put it out here then?

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

have him take it to tellico, then fly out when you wanna wheel... LOL, just find a storage place that you could fit it in? or make a new friend?

7. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

LOL looks like that is what I am going to have to do.

8. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

Will they let you park it at the auto hobby shop on base? I know a few guys in Beaufort that have done that. Good luck. I'de help you if I could.

Jon

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

If you are willing ot pay, you could just keep it at a storage place like "bills storage" or something like that. I know a few people that keep cars in there. If not, then make a friend with somebody that has a lot of land, or find a big field and ask if you can keep the truck there. Pople in NC are usually nice, and would let you. Especially if they are like "Well boy, thats an -- K5. I had one just like it with a 10 inch lift, 44 inch Super Swampers, 454BB, NP 205, 1 Tons. Used to take it to the local mud bogs." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Harrison

10. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I went and asked about the hobby shop here at Bragg. They want $3 a day for the first 7 days. Then it goes up to $5 a day for storage.
    I am going to call around tomorrow to the storage places and see what they want. I only need it for like a month to a month and a half.
    Thanks for all your help.

11. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Have you checked with MWR? They usually have RV storage, it's $15 a month here for the outdoor storage...

12. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

there is a place right by my house that is a parking lot with no restrictions, it's in a nice neighborhood and there is a car that has sat there for over 6 years, four flats, and no tickets or anything. it's a public lot kind of weird. anyway, you can park it there and i'll keep an eye on it for you if you want to head all the way up to winston. i can 99% guarantee nothing will happen to it- and the only thing that could happen is someone trying to break into it. so just take everything out of it, disconnect the starter, and leave it unlocked. but that's is incredibly unlikeyl seeing as my friend sat his k10 there for 3 months, and nothing happened to it, at all.

13. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

How long do you need to store it??

PM me the specifics....

Rob

14. Foy

Foy Registered Member

Try boat yards?

Bragg Buddy-
    My dad stores his excess metal at his boat guy's storage yard. It's 30 miles from our home in Raleigh, but the charge is only $30 a month per truck--just like the boat storage charges for a boat < 20' long. Check it out in the Cumberland County area--you might find a boat yard, fenced, and insured, that will oblige.

Cooper

15. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Jeeper
    they wont let me cuz my truck does not run and it is in pieces.

Yeild
    sent you a PM.

Cooper,
    I might try that thanks for the idea.

16. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Well that sucks, you should see the shape of some of the cars (and I use that term loosely) hidden under tarps in the RV lot here. Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck in your search.

17. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I'm about 4 hours away in Lexington, SC and my yard already looks like a used car dealership... sorry

If you haven't made any buddies at the auto hobby shop, most bases have lots for people on their short tours or long term TDY's to park their vehicles. You'll typically have to live in the dorms to use them though....

18. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for everyones help.
    Well I think I am going to get rid of both my K5's. The 87 K5 is a complete rolling chase and the 79 needs some engine work done to it. So with in the next 4 - 5 weeks and everything goes right they will no longer belong to me. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Have other plans I will post up tomorrow to see if everything goes the way I want it. If I have already told you the plan please dont post it till I do ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Once again thanks for everyones help.

Oh if you want to know what the 2 K5's look like click on the link at the bottom of my post. Also no I am not posting to sell them in here. If I do post I will post them in the for sale forum.