Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plans

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Feb 17, 2006.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

So you know , there used to be a time i diddnt just post in the lounge and let time go by.:haha:

****Plans***

sell or trade my 85 that has new everything

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159498

Get something smog exempt,69- 75

go with a 4-6 inch BDS spring lift, ord shackle in rear

1 inch body lift if that

1 tons of course, 456s locked mabey something custom like i HAD before for the front .....:rotfl:

hydro setup with crossover

Eventually add an injected BBC , or mildly built SBC ,something non carbed, like my old car has.......

http://community.webshots.com/album/204829328nhCKds

(after having it i would never go carb again, tuning from a laptop is great)

33s

Get into a doubler later on.......

Just have a simple capable rig i can screw around in, with major HP , so i can get back to the point of it all , (witch was going out with my sons and having off road adventures together) :D ( wich its been a PITA so far):D

Nothing to crazy ,just a clean capable rib.

Then add crazy axles later on he he :deal: :haha:

Something simple , reliable, and not too crazy of a lift,non rusted out,,, not too big of tires, just something mild to start with.Just have fun, what its all about. :laugh:

Even leave off the Injection part for a while if need be,

Whatcha think? :laugh: To start with ?:laugh:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Also , my truck has a Brand new crate motor in it now, and a Brand new 700r4 with all the doo dads, and i was also mabey contemplating just raping the hell out of it for PARTS!!!!!!:haha: Because there damn new brand new on the 85 *

And this????? What about this idea?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That truck looks too nice to start stripping for parts! :)

If you can swap an engine/tranny back in, sure, but if not, you might get lucky and find someone that is willing to pay for the goodies it's got, and not just going rate for an '85 K5 in great(?) shape.

Dunno what to say about emissions...typically there are still some pretty cool things you can do even with CA emissions requirements, it just takes some serious planning and research to make sure the end result is something that's still legal. Emissions alone seems like a poor reason to get rid of an outstanding looking vehicle!

4. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

diesels dont have to be smogged in ca right?.. so you can buy an old diesel, swap in the big block and have a "diesel" :wink1: blazer..

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

your all talk:)

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

WHO ME??????:haha: I supose by now you have a little bragging rights with the way your rig is now, but dammit i remember a time when it wasnt that way!!!! :D :haha: I just cant seem to get it together lol :haha: raisning a family is hard lol , and it costs cubic dollars :D

Dyeager=

I dont know what to say lol, as the 73-75 will already have a sm465 in it, and a 205! Thats a good thing i think. So if i rape the 85 it dosent make any sense to put in the 700r4 tranny , i dont think. It would be rediculous just to grab the motor out of the 85 after i re did all the spaghetti mess of vacum lines, and all the stuff the 85 has under the hood. Went through the trouble already.

Or does it he he :haha:

Should i proceed to RAPE? :D

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you rape your k5 i want your tranny, i get first dibs for shure