Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Planted my first garden

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tiger9297, Apr 19, 2006.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Over the weekend my wife and I planted our first garden. We planted tomatos, squash, zuchini, butterbeans, and green beans. We also planted some fruit trees: pear, 2 apple, and 2 peach. Oh yea and some thornless blackberry vines. I really didn't think I'd like it but I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a long time. My wife and I worked outside all day together with our 6 month old daughter playing and looking on. We are both clueless about gardening, etc. but my dad and her grandfather basically know everything there is to know about it so we have a good source of info. Now we'll see if anything actually grows. :crazy:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yep its about that time...

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have a Husqvarna 650 rear tine tiller that my dad and I went in together on. I have not run one of those except one other time, but I can tell you those things work fast. My garden is pretty big and tilled the entire thing in about 30 minutes. It's really easy to handle too. In fact my wife, who weighs right at 95 lbs. wanted to try it so she tilled up probably the last third of the garden. (Yep, and she cuts the grass too.)

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive planted a garden every year since I was 14. None of it ever survived. It always got flooded so I gave up. Just not a gardener I guess.