Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plastic between door and panel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fubeca, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I know many of you don't run doors etc.

I just replaced my broken door glass and the power motors on both sides and discovered the plastic seal had been removed on the driver's side by the PO. I've always been annoyed at how much wind blows through (especially when its -20 outside).

Does anyone know if the plastic seals that go between the inner panel and the door are available? If so where?

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Just use some Visqueen (sp?) and some of that super tack gasket adhesive. To my knowledge it is not "special" plastic.

Ira

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh I used tarpaper and RTV on mine.

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

That's likely what I'll do. The stock one just has the nice holes in the right places and some kind of flex joints where it might move. I thought I'd see if it was available and cheap - if not it's some left over plastic from insulating the house ;)

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Bubble wrap...

I used a roll of Bubble wrap stuff like they use for shipping behind the door panels.. ...I put it under the carpets too--makes a huge difference in the warmth of the cab!..now I have to slam the doors or open the windows a bit to get them to shut the first try,its so airtight!....I almost never need the fan on now,just the air coming thru on its own heats the cab up nicely.. :laugh: