Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plastic Model Kits?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Aug 25, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Okay all, I'm new to this site, so I don't know if this was discussed in the past. Does anyone know of any K5 plastic model kits out there? I always make a kit of my rigs, and can't find any Blazer or Jimmy kits out there. Thanks!

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

there's a forum called non 4X4 on this board, there's a thread about this subject. i think somebody found one or two, check out the thread.
    and if you find any, let me know. i do the model thing too, and i want a blazer.
    look on e-bay, i hear thats a good site for crap like this.

anyway, welcome to the best blazer site on the planet!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Some company does have a 76-79 style Blazer body kit out right now - it's pretty cool. It's a pulling truck - there's no top though. It's got around 40" scale Ground Hawgs on it - saw it at the Fred Meyers store in Portland OR the other day. Pretty neat detail - wouldn't be too hard to make it into a 73-75 full topless. Someone a long time ago (like 10 yrs) made a Blazer ambulance - it was really cool I still have bits and pieces of it around - you might be able to find that at a swapmeet or something...

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

O.k. ...here it goes again ............. There are several kits out there, some are harder to find and some aren't.

Monogram model # 2238 .... This has a copyright of 1978 and can still be found at any good hooby shop. Expect to pay around 25.00 for one. See the attachement of mine in progress.

Revell model # 85-2584 ..... This is the truck pulling one and can be found a bunch of places because it's pretty new yet. It is just about the same kit as the one above but without a top.

AMT model # T340-225 ..... This one is called " CREW CHIEF " and is an older model Blazer. There is one for sale on E-bay right now under item # 418478397.

AMT/ ERTL model # 6614 ...... This is also an older model year Blazer called " BANDIT ". It is without a top and has roll bars. There is one of these for sale right now on E-bay under item # 414454457.

Please post pics of any models you guys have built...preferably of 4x4's !!

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Damn riz your an 'Artiste'
    Pretty cool though! Too bad doin a model would cut into my time here though![​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Riz!
    Been thinking of this for a while now. Can you help with a online ordering place or fax for a store??
    Hell, I'l even post my Visa number here for one of those.
    I would need it shipped to Norway though....

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

7. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Riz, that model looks great post some others u have done!

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

8. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I'm in the middle of one right now. It's the pulling K-5 known as "Mad Mudder" I have yet to paint the body.. though I have done almost the entire Chassis. I also did a little mod. of my own. I swapped in a to-scale 454 big block from a chevelle model that was falling apart. If I ever do finish it, I'll post some pics.

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
    It's all fun 'n games, till someone gets stuck.

9. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

This may not be quite what everyone is looking for, but it's pretty cool. I found a METAL ERTL model 1969 Blazer. It's red with a white top, cool looking stock size tires, and chrome rims. Comes in parts, and requires assembly and some glueing. Much more durable and looks good. It's part of the Ertl Collectables series. I don't know a kit number or anything though. Sorry.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

10. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I've got the same kit, I'll see if I can dig up the old box tomorrow. It's even harder to find a Matchbox K5, I can't remember if they made one or not.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy