Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Plating a body lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtnman210, May 3, 2006.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

On my project I've got a 2in body lift. Now I've heard that the pucks can create alot of stress and come through the floor. So I was thinking of putting just a thin semi flexible piece of sheetmetal between the puck and the floor, and then welding it to the floor to spread out some of the pressure. Is this something I should take the time to do or just say forget it. It will be a strictly trail rig and I'm at the point in my project where this is gonna be done or not done. Also I'll have a full cage tied to the frame so that was my other thought--that once the cage is in I won't be able to lift the body off anymore.

thoughts or suggestions??

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i had body mounts start coming throught the rear mounts on my cab (truck). I took some channel that fit around the cab support that runs the width of the cab and drilled some holes to match the body bolts and that seems to have cured my mounts fomr breaking the rest of the way through.