Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Play station 2 help...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoSmog73, Dec 25, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok I could use some help on getting this playstation going...LOL

If I plug into the back of the stereo reciever where it says video 1 and plug in the red white and yellow cords then get a cord that has the 3 wires Red,White,Yellow, and plug it into the output of the same video 1 and plug that into the tv ..That should work so that I have the sound/picture through the stereo...Right

Here is a pic of the back of the stereo recevier and the back of the TV if it helps....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

sounds like it'll work.

the way i have mine hooked up is with the front jacks on my tv. and in the back i have the outputs to the stereo receiver.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hooked mine up to the front panel jacks on my VCR. Just put the VCR on F-1, the reciever set to VCR, and it's on. Thisway I don't ever have to disconect anything./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I read the directions better and I have it going to the tv plug ins in the back but need the remote for the tv to turn it to input mode or something like that..(lost the org remote) and it should work though...*crosses fingers*

5. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Well, you could do that but it's not necessary. Plug the left and right audio (red/white) and video (yellow) into the receiver's Video 1 IN jacks then grab a single RCA cable and run it from "Monitor" to the video in on your television. Now you can run another A/V device to video2 and switch back and forth between them. Also no need to run the audio back to the TV cuz the whole point of running audio to the receiver is to get that receiver powered audio /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: I don't mean you -have- to run another device to video2, just that you could if you want w/o having to have a mess of cable to the tv and back and whatnot.

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Thanks to all that gave me the ideas to fix it...Now I just have to get a new remote...LOL
    Again thank you for the help...Mike

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

On most TV's you'll have a menu button on the front. Play around with it till you find "Input". You should be able to switch it back and forth between the 2 inputs.

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

The PS2 can hook straight up to the TV input jacks (yellow, white and red.)
    You have to change the input mode. On mine, it is called AV mode. If you can find the remote, it should a one button affair. On mine, you can do it without the remote by hitting the setup button and then using volume up to change the setting from TV to AV.
    -- Mike

9. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I would keep the video straight to the tv if I were you. Going through the receiver will just downgrade the picture.