Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Playstation 2 obsession?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Dec 26, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My father in law got us one for christmas... I don't get the American obsession with video games... After 20 minutes of staring like a zombie at the tv, my eyes are shot, my back and neck are in pain, and I'm depressed, feeling like life is colorless (especially when I have that music running through my head and I feel like I'll have sudden freaky angled views as I walk down the hallway)...

I'm ready to give this thing back... Don't get me wrong, I'm not unappreciative, but life was fine without one! There are a million other things I could do with the time and feel better about afterwards... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

So what again was the name of that 4x4 game?

BTW, merry christmas yall!

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I haven't played one that I like yet... like actual wheeling and stuff... But get Test Drive Off Road, it's the best of the two that I know about... the other one is 4x4 Evo, that one is just gay...

If you're into rally games, though, there are a whole crapload of good ones to choose from... I don't remember what the last one I rented was, but it was really good, I enjoyed it... I own V-Rally 3 and it's alright, but a little beyond my skill level... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My father in law got us one for christmas... I don't get the American obsession with video games... After 20 minutes of staring like a zombie at the tv, my eyes are shot, my back and neck are in pain, and I'm depressed, feeling like life is colorless (especially when I have that music running through my head and I feel like I'll have sudden freaky angled views as I walk down the hallway)...

I'm ready to give this thing back... Don't get me wrong, I'm not unappreciative, but life was fine without one! There are a million other things I could do with the time and feel better about afterwards... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

So what again was the name of that 4x4 game?

BTW, merry christmas yall!

[/ QUOTE ] It's all about what game you're playing. My newest game that I'm really getting into is "Kill-Switch" If you like the shoot'em up, blow up crap type of games, then I highly recomend "Kill-Switch".

4. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Wanna sell it?

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's all about what game you're playing. My newest game that I'm really getting into is "Kill-Switch" If you like the shoot'em up, blow up crap type of games, then I highly recomend "Kill-Switch".

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I did like blowing up and shooting stuff, but I can't seem to get into it. I think the screen is a big issue to me. I use LCD's for all my computer's, and I usually watch tv from across the room, so being right up and totally focused on the tv like this is probably what's messing me up. I've never really been into video/computer games, so I don't think it will ever really float my boat too much...
    My wife's been on it for like an hour, so I don't think I have the option to get rid of it now...

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I've been playing "Medal of Honor Rising Sun" all evening. It rocks

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    After 20 minutes of staring like a zombie at the tv, my eyes are shot, my back and neck are in pain, and I'm depressed, feeling like life is colorless (especially when I have that music running through my head and I feel like I'll have sudden freaky angled views as I walk down the hallway)...

[/ QUOTE ]

all these symptoms go away with time... sorta like how people who work with wood every day get callosus (sp?) and dont have to worry and lil splinters and stuff. video games are the same way, Ive been playin them for 25 of my 28 years and I dont plan on stopping any time soon. No joke, 1st memory is of dad holding me up to play the original space invaders arcade game. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j