Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Playstation 2 vers Xbox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm trying to decide witch game system to get. It'll either be a PS2 or Xbox. Witch would you choose, and why ??? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Once Xbox gets all their games out they'll be better... the system has better graphics if you ask me... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

As a nintendo loyal, i still say Gamecube. They have quite a few games out and it's cheaper. The graphics ive seen on the other two are put to shame. Also the Resident Evil series is now exclusively Nintendo.

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

PS2 has better games out so far, but the xbox has better video / audio.

The xbox supports 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. The only thing is no one has produced a game where the graphics are greater then 480p. Some of the games are in 16:9 (widescreen) format as well. Almost all of the games support Dolby Digital and some of them even support DTS.

I don't know for a fact but it's my understanding that none of the PS2 games support anything but 480i and they are just now starting to use Dolby Digital. Like I said this is my understanding, I could be wrong.

I bought an xbox because of what it could do on the Home Theater side, and I really really wanted Halo. So far their lack of games hasn't been to bad yet, but the games I have rented have been real easy and can beat them in a matter of hours. The PS2 has a great game selection but I'm sure the xbox will eventually catch up.

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

id say ps2 for one reason.If in two years or so something happens and no one likes xbox anymore like they did to dreamcast then sony will still be there.Other wise ive heard xbox is better.But i have a ps2.MORE GAMES.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> In one of the current gaming magazines it said that the x-box will be a thing of the past in the next year or so ....... Buy a PS2 since they will always be there ! Don't waste your money on a gaming system that has no games ! </font color>

7. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

see what did i tell ya ps13 will be coming and x box will be a sleeping dragon

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Yup, can you imagine what PS3 will be like !!!! Simply awesome ! Also, did you see that PS will be adding an internet module to their aresenal so you can play games against your friends over the internet ? It's so mine when it comes out ! It's cheap too ! </font color>

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Oh, did I menyion ATV Off-Road Fury 2 !! I'm getting all sticky. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Also, did you see that PS will be adding an internet module to their aresenal so you can play games against your friends over the internet ?

[/ QUOTE ]
    You can already do that with an xbox /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have a ps2 and love it! it has better games than x box but x box has better sound and grapics. and in a ps2 there's an expansion port. so when they come with an upgrade for it it'll be a complete computer, modem and all. overall, get a PS2 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. muddysub

oh and when you wanna watch a DVD, on a PS2 you can do that. with an X box, you have to get a special controller for like $40 to be able to wach it.

13. muddysub

one more thing the PS2 takes up less space. the X box is friggin huge.

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

You can order it online already.You just have to get it sent from japan or get it on ebay from someone who already got it from japan.They also have the portable screens out for ps2 now they are nice.Even comes with a car adapter.Great for tailgate parties.

15. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

im not jumping on the xbox bandwagon seeing as i own a ps2 and not an xbox...but with games like halo, blood wake, and hunter the reckoning...and halo 2 coming out xbox will never die...it might fade a little but i think ill still think halo is one of the greatest games ever for years to come...

Later

16. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm a die hard first person shooter and RPG fan but I beat Hunter the reckoning and thought it was rather lame.

17. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

ithought hunter was a pretty cool game...had its difficult parts...

what you think of max payne? gotta love it...

Later

18. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I beat max payne on the PC so I haven't played it on xbox yet. I'm all about Halo though, just none of my friends will play me /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

I also liked Blood Omen 2 and Genma Omnimusha (I guess thats spelt right). Blade 2 will be sweet as well.

19. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i played max payne on ps2 decent game kind of easy but the story line was good enough to become a movie.And some parts scare the [censored] out of you

20. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I'll throw in my .02's, even though I rarely play video games (no time). But since my bro has all three of the top systems today PS2, Game Cube, and XBox (he even got that DreamCast crap), I think I know a little bit to give some advice.
    Without a doubt, Xbox has better graphics and sound. But they do lack the game selections. If they get off their ass and make some games to the systems abilities, then they could be around for quite a bit. But for now, the games are just so-so, kinda similar to the other systems in graphics, but it has the potential to blow away the competition in the graphics/sound, etc dept.
    GameCube loading time beats any system out there. It's amazing how fast it loads compared to the other systems...it's like a cartridge almost. The graphics are really good for the system too. I think GameCube is kinda geared more to kids though...atleast most of their games are. But that new Resident Evil Game for it, kinda put's that theory on halt. They have a pretty good past, so if/when they start coming out with sequals to their good old classics (ie, Zelda, Mario Cart, etc), then they have a chance to be around for a while.
    PS2 definately has a huge selection. Their graphics are the worst of the three systems, but it aint too bad at all. Loading time is the slowest too I believe. But their games are too cool and too fun. As of right now, I would go with the PS2, since they have many games to choose from and will continue to come out with some great classics. Plus, I don't rate graphics above all, I rate the fun factor.
    Boss